Thread: HPS light question

Default HPS light question

I have a 150 watt hps light on my deck that has a new bulb and all... Sometimes when you bump the deck hard above it or on its own it cuts off and takes a few min, but will come back on. I have changed the bulb thinking that might be the problem as it was for some of the other lights in the past, but didnt work this time. Any suggestions on what it might be or to check next? Thanks in advance.

Might want to check the connection at the base of the bulb, Something very well could be loose on the socket. Good enough bump will loose connection.

10-4 ill check that tonight. There is a little square white box in the light about 1.5"x1.5" by 3/4" that has a crack in the plastic part but dont know what it is or if it could effect the cutting off and on.
    thanks

Is there any sign of corrosion in the socket? Tried switching bulbs around with other fixtures and vice versa?
    The right to bear arms is the last form of defense against tyranny.

The little box you speak of is a starter board. That shouldn't be the problem. Either you have a bad bulb or a loose connection in wiring or socket.

Must be a loose connection because ive tried 2 brand new bulbs they both do it.