Whey the hell not?
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

Well I put mine on craigslist so we will see what happens

Quote Originally Posted by SCcdp View Post
    Haha man I wouldn't do that to you. I'll be in the market for a new boat this winter more than likely.

I will.

Going down this weekend to look at it.

Thanks for the lead.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Well atleast let me ride in it one time or send me some more pictures of it
    Last edited by ruffin74; 06-26-2014 at 03:15 PM.

First off speed costs money. Doesn't mater what you pay out the gate it's going to cost long run. Spend the money and buy a lake and bay or back country. (BC and L&B backwater are the same boat) BC rides A LOT better in chop and has a WAY better cap for fishing. L&B will be faster. Mine runs mid 60s tournament loaded. It has taken a lot of work to get were it is speed wise. I've never run it stripped down and never will. The ranger cayman 19 will not do mid 60s loaded unless you over power it.
    Here is the boat

Quote Originally Posted by WetReed View Post
    18 foot back country with a 150 vmax runs 60
    It will but that boat is stripped down. One battery, no trolling motor and a modded V-max
    Quote Originally Posted by purps View Post
    why the hell do you want to do 60 in a flats boat
    because we have balls unlike yourself
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

Damnit drew...your gonna have me wanting a flats boat again...just when I thought I had my mind made up...
    Cast and Blast 17 w/ Opti power

Quote Originally Posted by scgolfer88 View Post
    Damnit drew...your gonna have me wanting a flats boat again...just when I thought I had my mind made up...
    Just dont buy a slow one like he did
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

Default Pad hull flats boat

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    Just dont buy a slow one like he did

Well I was In deep discussions with Brent at tailwalker about a mi tide flats build but after talking to him about his, I was sadly dissappointed in the numbers he was getting with his setup...I'm talking 12-15 mph difference from where I was expecting it to be with a 115proxs on it...would love a east cape vantage vhp if I could find a used one, but those things don't lose value much..
    Last edited by scgolfer88; 06-26-2014 at 06:26 PM.
    Cast and Blast 17 w/ Opti power

[QUOTE=Griffin;1716589]First off speed costs money. Doesn't mater what you pay out the gate it's going to cost long run. Spend the money and buy a lake and bay or back country. (BC and L&B backwater are the same boat) BC rides A LOT better in chop and has a WAY better cap for fishing. L&B will be faster. Mine runs mid 60s tournament loaded. It has taken a lot of work to get were it is speed wise. I've never run it stripped down and never will. The ranger cayman 19 will not do mid 60s loaded unless you over power it.
    Here is the boat

Im pretty sure i just fell in love

Quote Originally Posted by scgolfer88 View Post
    would love a east cape vantage vhp if I could find a used one, but those things don't lose value much..
    why? that boat will run 40k used and for 35k you get a used L&B boca grande that runs 20mph faster.

I had a 151 bc. Great little boat. To get it over 60, it needed a lot if bottom work. Tons of hook in it. Most of these boats have tons. Add all the power you want. Wasting it. Anyway, here's my old boat.

http://s493.photobucket.com/user/eat...rk002.flv.html

Most of you fella's definition of a flats boat and my definition are completely opposite. So far, aside from the East Cape mention, all I've seen and heard of are saltwater bass boats. Hope you boys got the gold chains and jorts to go with those mercury motors...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

You notice I removed the stupid platform. That bc caught plenty of the elusive saltwater carp on crab, mullet, whatever. Quackhead, pull your buff up a little higher. You won't even be able to see me.

Platforms, or flats boats in general, are helpful for sightfishing and poling. If you want to soak bait, you can do it from a crab boat. You should have traded the platform for some comfortable seats and a bimini top.

Don't know if it meets exactly what you are looking for and it isn't a "status brand" but I am impressed with the couple of Sundance Spyders that I have been around. If I wanted a newer value model I would at least look at it.

http://www.sundanceboats.com/Mob_sun....php?subid=166

I would be scared to death going 60mph is a padded hull .... Takes some skill and concentration to keep it from shaking.
    Last edited by 803; 06-28-2014 at 02:58 PM.
    "Blessed is the man... who makes one word grow where two grew before" - Havilah Babcock

You might as well learn that a man who catches fish or shoots game has got to make it fit to eat before he sleeps. Otherwise it’s all a waste and a sin to take it if you can’t use it.” - Robert Ruark

"Either write things worth reading, Or do things worth the writing " -Benjamin Franklin

Default Pad hull flats boat

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    Platforms, or flats boats in general, are helpful for sightfishing and poling. If you want to soak bait, you can do it from a crab boat. You should have traded the platform for some comfortable seats and a bimini top.

I sold it because it was too small and too slow. The 171 with a v6 is the way to go.

It was actually a decent boat to pole. With a small motor it hit the bottom with the bow before the stern with someone on the bow. Tracked well too. Tons of dry storage. Neat boat. One of the best I've had.

Poling sucks, though.

I'd rather catch fish.
    Last edited by bloodline; 06-28-2014 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    Right..... cause god knows you can't catch a fucking marsh carp without a polling platform. Sorry but I'm not polling a 20' boat. A casting platform does damn near the same thing. This is Charleston not Florida.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quackhead22 View Post
    Most of you fella's definition of a flats boat and my definition are completely opposite. So far, aside from the East Cape mention, all I've seen and heard of are saltwater bass boats. Hope you boys got the gold chains and jorts to go with those mercury motors...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    how many east capes have you fished/owned or even seen? Sorry I didn't realize that you required a sic rad technical polling skiff to get to the tailers on the flood brah! Sorry I'd rather my boat n0t ride like shit and I'd much rather be able to cover water and not top out at 30mph. Not to mention I don't give a shit about catching carp.

I do like those skiffs, but I think I found a sterling. It's got a pad, but I just don't think it's propped right. I'm guessing with the current setup it will run high 40s. I'm going to go test drive it tomorrow to see how I like it. It's not exactly what I want but the motor has a five year warranty and that will last until I'm out of school.

Quote Originally Posted by 803 View Post
    Don't know if it meets exactly what you are looking for and it isn't a "status brand" but I am impressed with the couple of Sundance Spyders that I have been around. If I wanted a newer value model I would at least look at it.

http://www.sundanceboats.com/Mob_sun....php?subid=166

I would be scared to death going 60mph is a padded hull .... Takes some skill and concentration to keep it from shaking.

"Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less."- Robert E. Lee