Thread: "I Took Last Place In the Open..."

Default "I Took Last Place In the Open..."

For everything that is bad in the world, this is what is right. This is why I do what I do. I don't care if I ever make a dime off of my gym. When the end comes and I have helped men and women like this have extra years and/or better years with their families then I will have won the game. People like this are the reason I have been up at 0345 every day for the last two weeks and they are the reason I will continue to get out of bed and run to that gym.

http://www.crossfitindustrious.com/i...thlete-greg-l/

I swear I'm about ready to try it

Great read. Good on you for what you are doing.

Good post! Pretty motivating.

Pee Dee, go for it! Every CF gym I have been a member of or visited has operated in the same way towards new guys.
    Last edited by walt4dun; 06-23-2014 at 10:22 AM.

I like it.
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

Read it when the article came out. At our competition this past Saturday, we were the only gym there that cheered on the other teams as they competed in their heats. It was then that I could 100% believe that I made the right choice of joining where I did.

Leaving nobody behind and making them feel as equal as everyone else there is what it's all about.

Good post, Glenn!
    The right to bear arms is the last form of defense against tyranny.

I felt that guy's pain on that last one. That was straight up misery for this little fat boy. I thought it would never end. But, I'm glad I finished. Now that ball season is over, I'm looking forward to getting back in the gym on the reg. I miss the workouts, and the folks there.

Quote Originally Posted by carolinaboy06 View Post
    Read it when the article came out. At our competition this past Saturday, we were the only gym there that cheered on the other teams as they competed in their heats. It was then that I could 100% believe that I made the right choice of joining where I did.

Leaving nobody behind and making them feel as equal as everyone else there is what it's all about.

Good post, Glenn!
    Here is what you have to keep in mind as a coach and a fellow athlete at a gym...

Even though work output may vary from person to person, the effort, dedication and desire to succeed is, or at least should be, equal across the board.

How can you not reward that?!?! How can you not stay and cheer that athlete on all the way to the finish? I literally get choked up at the effort and the support of the community.

Great article. I love hearing about stories like that. You can do a lot in life if you just have the self motivation to never quit and never give up. I hope he continues to drive forward, and get into better shape.

When i read the part about him eating shit off the box jump i thought "yep".

Its almost like a right of passage.

Then from that day forward, no matter how tired you are, you concentrate and make damn sure you gots the ups to get on the box.

There countless others ways to fuck up too...

I've step in a hole doing sprints across a field, tripped up, did a fugly combat roll, and continued...

Fell off the bar doing Toes to Bar. Landed on my back and bounced my head off the floor. Then continued...

Damn near passed out back squatting. Thank God for spotters. It was pretty scary actually. Then continued...

And probably a 100 others but just gotta keep going.

Just do the work....
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Invite him inside for a tall cool glass of die mother fucker.