Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: An Idiot Question about Verizon data usage

Quote Originally Posted by rp View Post
    What are you looking at Lab?
    Dude. Don't ask him that. There are a lot of things better left unanswered and that's one of them.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Yep same here. I stepped up from 6 to 12G in a matter if months. Nothing about my personnel usage changed and sometimes I'd be around 3-4 other months I start getting warnings. Went to work away from home for 3 weeks and woke up one morning to about 20 emails from Verizon saying I was over my data for the month. I immediately called in my hotspot stolen and haven't been any problems since. Fuck that thing. It was nice before basically all phones were hotspots but it is a complete rip off and has a mind of its own.

Quote Originally Posted by LabLuvR View Post
    I have the WIFI on my phone turned off.
    This is probably your first problem. You are pulling cellular data everywhere including where you could pulling wifi at no additional cost. Next I would check to see if apps are still running in the background. Pandora will kill your cellular data. Then make sure you close webpages. On an iphone you can go to settings - cellular - then scroll down to the bottom of the page and see what apps are pulling the most data.

Call and complain. I turned my jet pack off after last go round and just got an email saying I was on my 7th data overage. My phone had used .2Gs my jet pack, which has been turned off and service suspended, had used nearly 13G. Called and they credited my account, those things are awful. I'm using 95% less data without that device and it was always off for the most part.

Btw my previous post was from last month, this just happened again after I posted. They're crediting my account back
    Last edited by trash2; 06-19-2014 at 02:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by trash2 View Post
    Btw my previous post was from last month, this just happened again after I posted. They're crediting my account back
    Every time i call them about this they just tell me i need to buy a bigger package. Like yall i have started using less and getting billed for more. A buddy of mine who also uses it for home internet has been getting raped on data as well. Both of us have been watching our usage and making sure we dont use more than we should and both of us are getting outrageous bills. Unfortunately this is our only real options for internet out here. No cable, no dsl, only dial-up or satellite.

I have been disconnecting from the JetPack when I'm not on the computer, time will tell if that helps any. If you do a Google search, there is an ass of people complaining about this same thing. Verizon is making a ton of money off this bullshit!
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

OK I cant sift through a thread started by lab....

but I have 10gigs of data on my plan and they (sprint) keep sending me updates that i must be getting close to my max. I use 100 minutes a month on phone. I text some, not much. I listen to pandora while on the tractor. How can I, of all people, run out of data? i dont have ANY apps other than pandora a weather app, and FIFA World Cup.

How do i decrease my data usage?
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

I upgraded my iphone 4 to a iphone 5s several months ago and kept my unlimited date plan. There are ways to do it.
    HRCH Fat Daddy Cash MH
    HRCH Tonka's Rebel Yell MH

Just started having this issue myself, the last two months I've gone over 4 gigs, with just my phone on the plan. I've never been close to going over before two months ago. When I upgraded in January to the 5S, they showed me my typical use, it was around 2 to 3 gigs a month. If anything I should be using less data because whenever I'm in the house, I use wifi that isn't associated with Verizon at all.
    Last edited by huntinghagen#12; 06-30-2014 at 04:05 PM.

Data usage is bullshit!! How in the hell do we really know we are using the amount they say we are????
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

Sprint unlimited is the deal. If I have no network signal I roam free and have unlimited data. It's around 60 bucks per person for me and my wife.

As a matter of fact, I'm roaming on a Verizon signal right now.

Quote Originally Posted by surfcock View Post
    As a matter of fact, I'm roaming on a Verizon signal right now.
    Maybe you been surfing too much cock

Been a while since someone made a joke about my screenname. I guess it was time.

You defiantly have the most fag name of anyone on scducks... Someone should fix your avatar to better suit your name... Like two fags surfing on a rainbow cock shaped surf board
    Last edited by CAMO SNOB; 06-30-2014 at 09:42 PM.

Just tell them you need corporate data package for work. $44.99 for unlimited

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by LabLuvR View Post
    Data usage is bullshit!! How in the hell do we really know we are using the amount they say we are????
    Just start adding up bytes. Should be pretty simple, only 1s and 0s

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

Haha! Just for you I've got a new name awaiting mod approval. I'll keep the same avatar (unless BB or Tater take mod liberties) and I'll just be surf from now on. I've been thinking about doing that for a while.
    Last edited by surfcock; 06-30-2014 at 10:37 PM.

they ain't changing your name. Your name should be just faggot. Or lovecock, or cockinmouth, or fan-o-cock,