Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: BIG ROCK 2014

Quote Originally Posted by cusportsman View Post
    Lil 2 Sleepy, what's your boat?

What is the Captain and mates cut of the winnings?

How many anglers per boat?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have a 35 Bertram. I don't tourney fish, because it would be like donation compared to the pros.

Also my bert will be a nice old boat soon enough I hope, but I'd look way out of place up there. There are folks there that pay more for their gear than my boat is worth.

The way I understand the payouts is, 1 per paying angler and a separate for the boat, but I've never done it.

FatLabs Dad and Grandad know the wife and I got a album or 5. Need to get back down that way and Jab!!! we need to,-----too. I got the original Gulfstream Marina Billfish flags in our shop.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

The first thing the Wife and I noticed is that not 1 Bertram was entered and very few Hatty's.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

That's nuts.
    My wife's grandfather broke down offshore and floated for 3 days in a 18'. No radio or shit, definitely a different time.

Quote Originally Posted by nitro5x6's View Post
    LOL!!

Grandpa didn't think much of most sharks..

I own his nickeled Winchester 94 in 32 Win Special.. It was the "Shark gun"...Statue of limitations has run, so...... we didn't land many sharks, but killed plenty.

I don't get to go as much as I would like, but I still love Blue Water fishing...

I remember when I was 9 , we left Davey's Locker in Newport and headed South to Mexico in chase of Albacore... We ended the trip in Cabo. My Grandpa sold fish for fuel $$ to get home...

My Grandpa, his best friend John Ables, my brother Mike and me.... we had crackers, hoop cheese, bottled 7-Up, Jack Daniels, Coors beer and a cooler with some cold cuts.. that was about it from the food standpoint. Not a bottle of water or a Yeti cooler in sight. We cooked our meals on an ancient 3 burner Coleman stove...

We caught so many fish it would blow your mind.. my Mom and Dad were shitting, thinking we were either dead or lost at sea.

Good times.

Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    The first thing the Wife and I noticed is that not 1 Bertram was entered and very few Hatty's.
    Truth is the custom Carolinas have taken over, and truthfully can be had for less than a Bert or Hatt these days.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    How was it? We used to get a hunk from a guy in Georgetown smoked every year. Good stuff. Like Nitro said, catch and release hadn't been thought of. I have some pictures that would freak people out of dead billfish hanging off the board every afternoon at Gulfstream Marina.
    Smoked is good. We fried some the other day, if you stay away from the rings in the meat, it aint bad at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I'll shoot over a kids head in a blind or long gun one on a turkey in a heart beat. You want to kill stuff around me you gonna earn it.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/hqDsrse7FLY?start=175

Video from Magic Moment Lightning Strike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

Wow. That video will probably go viral.

That made my ass pucker and I'm sitting in my office...

I hate being caught in a lightning storm. Makes me feel like playing Russian roulette with every strike.

I've been fortunate to have been on two different boats struck by lightning.

For some crazy reason, Lightning is my biggest bugaboo, closely followed by spiders and women talking on cell phones while driving.
    Quote Originally Posted by trentsmith View Post
    Honestly I don't remember why I don't like you but I do remember that I don't like you.

The most scared I've ever been in my life was when I got caught in a lightning storm in the woods. It felt like bombs were raining in on my and really can't believe I didn't get struck.

Quote Originally Posted by sprigdog View Post
    I've been fortunate to have been on two different boats struck by lightning.
    We got struck when I was working on a boat in Panama. Luckily, we had mechanical engines so we were able to make it to the dock; however, the electronics, a/c units, and the generator were fried along with the interior lighting. The bolt came through the radio antennae and exited through the port propeller. The antennae exploded and the propeller was heavily discolored. To top it off it was on the first morning of seven straight weeks of fishing!

I don't wish that kind of evil upon anyone.