Thread: Bass info.

Default Bass info.

Bass fishing has become nothing short of an obsession for me. Trout and spottail are no problem but bass have been confusing me. With the water warming and the spawn over where are these fish going to be? I have been fishing the goose creek res and near as both me and down scan can tell the place is completely void of deep water structure. Will the fish hold shallow in 4-5' under lillies and will they still eat with the warmer water temps?
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

Try and get out early before sunrise and fish shallow.the big bass will feed in the shallows early then head back to deeper water as the day goes on.4 to 5 foot is plenty deep enough for them to cool off.especially if there is some kind of structure.evening will be the opposite of this.one of my personal favorite baits are fluke jerk baits.they work great on bass feeding up against the bank.you can also drag them across the top of grass or Lilly pads.I've caught several 6 pound fish this size the past couple of weeks.last week I caught a 8 pounder off a grass patch early in the morning in about 2 1/2 feet of water.
    The price is firm.

Bass generally head deeper the hotter it gets. But lily pads are an exception. It provides shade, safety, food, and cooler water. You should be able to catch some nice fish there if it doesn't receive a lot of pressure.

Your success should increase directly with how much glitter flake you have in your boats paint scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    Your success should increase directly with how much glitter flake you have in your boats paint scheme.
    agreed- as long as you couple it with the correct fishing jersey
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

pm on the way

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    ^^This guy knows bass fishing, ^^

And when all else fails, throw a weightless Senko.

Last edited by Catdaddy; 06-05-2014 at 06:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    ^^This guy knows bass fishing, ^^

And when all else fails, throw a weightless Senko.

Thats just cazy. I'd kill for a day like that

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    Thats just cazy. I'd kill for a day like that
    You can have a day like that. 1-800- catdaddy guide service.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

you want to have a day like that? get JWS's daddy to take you in the spring to lake moultrie

The frog bite has been hot in the gc res as well as the cooper river early in the morning and later evenings. My buddy caught 6 the other morning over 6lb in the res on the frog. Once the sun gets up throw a wacky sinko style bait or texas rig trick worm has been producing pretty good for me.

Quote Originally Posted by jwilliams View Post
    You can have a day like that. 1-800- catdaddy guide service.
    Or fish some schoolin fish.

Or like bad habit said, Moultrie when they are on the bed.

black and green plastic frog at first light would be fun in those lillies. Carolina rig is my summer go to, underwater points and ditches. Match lure color with water color.
    Last edited by YoungBuckTX; 06-06-2014 at 06:33 AM.

I can't imagine much trouble catching bass in lily pads with frogs or trick worms.

Use drab/dark colors. Motoroil, pumpkinseed, scuppernong, crawdad, etc.

5-8ft of water around structure would be where I'd focus most attention until just before dark. Devil's horse if it starts raining.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Habit View Post
    you want to have a day like that? get JWS's daddy to take you in the spring to lake moultrie
    Truth!

I mean trouble catching is relative. 8 or 10 a trip is about what I have been doing. just not a ton of size.

Bigger baits! Smaller stuff will occasionally catch bigger fish but up size your baits and fish early and late in the day. Frogs are great right now especially immediately following an afternoon thunderstorm. All the toads and tree frogs come out and the bass know it! A Texas rig with a culprit worm is one of my go to baits also!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Lazy is not a virtue of a duck hunter.

Will be putting in at the tailrace at daylight in the morning. Top water should be really good there now.