Thread: Running shoes for you

Default Running shoes for you

I'm probably preaching to the choir but I saw another thread where someone asked about which trail shoes. I know nothing about trail shoes. I did learn a thing or two about them. Which leads me to this thread. I've had people ask me about running shoes over the years and they are almost always already running in shoes from Kohls or Dicks Sporting Goods.

Which running shoes are right for you? That question can be answered at a local running store. Most of the people at places like Fleet Feet are knowledgeable enough to put you in the right shoe. They will watch you walk bare foot then put you in a shoe that was made for your particular gait. They will have you try on several pairs based on which one feels right and works for your foot. These shoes will run you between $100 and $120. That' is a lot of money for running shoes but they will be the right ones for you and will help you keep from becoming injured. Shin splints and knee problems can be avoided wearing the right shoes.

For me, I usually will wear a pair for around 300-400 miles, which is around 3 to 3 1/2 months. The shoes look newish but have lost support needed to keep you healthy. I usually buy online and pay $60-70. I know I need stability shoes so that's what I order in my size.
    Once you have been fitted, you'll know what you need and after that first pair, it's easy to find your shoes online.

Hope this helps if your wondering. I'm by far an expert but I've run a few miles in my life and don't even want to think how much money I've spent on running shoes.
    Last edited by Cedar Creek; 06-03-2014 at 08:14 PM.

The one thing I will add is that you should be careful buying shoes on sale. Often these are older models that have been sitting on shelves for a while. Shoe support breaks down over time irrespective of whether they are being worn.
    Carolina Counsel