Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Arkansas Locals Starting Petition against OOSers

Default Arkansas Locals Starting Petition against OOSers

With overcrowding being the way it is on our State WMAs here in Arkansas, and with SC being the group that the majority of us have most of our problems with I wanted to get a little feed back from y'all. At a recent waterfowl chapter meeting in Little Rock, a lot of locals were discussing starting a petition to urge the Game & Fish to limit the number of OOSers on our State Owned WMAs. This could be done using a draw system much like other states do for deer hunting. NWR's, private land, leases, guided trips, etc would not be subject to a draw, only WMA's. Other things that have been brought up time and time again is urging the Game & Fish to increase the price of the WMA permits that OOSers must buy before hunting state ground. In my opinion, the WMA fees are a joke! We have a valuable resource and we need to charge a premium in order for OOSers to use it. Currently I believe the amount is set at $25.
    So my questions are:
    1) how many of you would put in for a draw system to access state ground as opposed to looking for a place to lease, book a guided trip, etc.
    2) what is the max you would pay for the WMA Permit?

So, now we've got an Arkansas version of Duck Tape up in here?

Mercy...
    Last edited by turbo; 05-28-2014 at 02:12 PM.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

How much is the state willing to spend to reimburse for slit tires at boat ramps after said OOS'ers pay their additional "fee"?
    Founding Member of the Short Mo' Sea Pro Posse

Fuck Purdue

Just ban anyone from Sumter County SC from ever hunting in Arkansas, and you will solve 99% of your problems. True story.

Quote Originally Posted by benman View Post
    How much is the state willing to spend to reimburse for slit tires at boat ramps after said OOS'ers pay their additional "fee"?
    Save it tough guy... no one asked for your smart ass comment. I would love to see you slashing a set of tires at the ramp. Doubt it would end up well for you. I swear... kids these days.

Quote Originally Posted by "The Legend" View Post
    Save it tough guy... no one asked for your smart ass comment. I would love to see you slashing a set of tires at the ramp. Doubt it would end up well for you. I swear... kids these days.
    He was talking about the cocksucking locals y'all have out there. He certainly wasn't threatening to cut your tires.

I bet they call you "Half 'round", don't they?
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Go tigers!

At least Duck Tape has decent reading comprehension most times.....lord....

Fuck Purdue

Quote Originally Posted by turbo View Post
    He was talking about the cocksucking locals y'all have out there. He certainly wasn't threatening to cut your tires.

I bet they call you "Half 'round", don't they?
    No clue what you mean by "half ' round", but the reason some of us are "cocksucking" locals is because of the "dumbass" OOSers we have to put up with for 60 days.

You know, all this chit chat about problems with OOS'ers seems a bit suspect. I have been going out there almost yearly for close to fifteen years now. In my travels we have met a lot of great guys out there. Not one, again not one, has ever said they had a problem with out of staters. Now, does that mean there has not been any issues, certainly not. However, I do believe some locals there are just pissed that they have to share a resource with someone from the outside world and are blowing things out of proportion.
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

yep, this thread will be my entertainment for the rest of the afternoon

Quote Originally Posted by benman View Post
    At least Duck Tape has decent reading comprehension most times.....lord....
    And I know that you were speaking in generality and not referring to cutting my tires specifically. But, the day I see anyone with SC tags cutting on an Arkansas truck lets just say I wont be taking up for the OOSer.

No clue what you mean by "half ' round", but the reason some of us are "cocksucking" locals is because of the "dumbass" OOSers we have to put up with for 60 days.
    I meant that you're probably a fat little fucker that stays pissed off over one thing or another. Half cocked all the time, t-rex arms and such.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Go tigers!

Spending the night in your hole while you have to head back to your trailer and listen to your toothless wife bitch all night about you waking her up in the morning makes all the cold nights worth it. That and all your greenheads I mean. Suckas.

And I know that you were speaking in generality and not referring to cutting my tires specifically. But, the day I see anyone with SC tags cutting on an Arkansas truck lets just say I wont be taking up for the OOSer.
    I'm sure we'll all lose sleep tonight knowing you won't be taking up for us.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Go tigers!

The Midwesterners feel the same way when "you" go deer hunting there. The Westerners feel the same way when "you" go elk hunting and pheasant hunting there...its the nature of the beast big man. Buy your own place, pay higher taxes and push your state leaders to shut out OOS'ers, lease up all the land yourself, the options are numerous. But like everywhere else, the number of dumbass OOS'ers is equal to the number of dumbass locals.

And....you admitted to slitting tires and being a cocksucker....."kid"

Fuck Purdue

I've seen more problems from residents in Arkansas than all OOS hunters combined. Just because you live there doesn't mean y'all own the damn land. Granted, I'm sure there have been problems in the past from SC hunters out there but all the ones I've encountered have been courteous and at least seem to know what they are doing.

'um
    You've got one life. Blaze on!

With overcrowding being the way it is on our State WMAs here in Arkansas, and with SC being the group that the majority of us have most of our problems with I wanted to get a little feed back from y'all. At a recent waterfowl chapter meeting in Little Rock, a lot of locals were discussing starting a petition to urge the Game & Fish to limit the number of OOSers on our State Owned WMAs. This could be done using a draw system much like other states do for deer hunting. NWR's, private land, leases, guided trips, etc would not be subject to a draw, only WMA's. Other things that have been brought up time and time again is urging the Game & Fish to increase the price of the WMA permits that OOSers must buy before hunting state ground. In my opinion, the WMA fees are a joke! We have a valuable resource and we need to charge a premium in order for OOSers to use it. Currently I believe the amount is set at $25.
    So my questions are:
    1) how many of you would put in for a draw system to access state ground as opposed to looking for a place to lease, book a guided trip, etc. Our draw system in SC has a 3-4 year wait for certain WMAs. I would venture to say about all of us would put in for a draw system in AR.
    2) what is the max you would pay for the WMA Permit? We pay for gas, hotel, eat out every night, so bumping the WMA permit up will not help either. Better come up with some other ideas to keep us out.

To the " The Legend " , Welcome to SC Ducks.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.