With overcrowding being the way it is on our State WMAs here in Arkansas, and with SC being the group that the majority of us have most of our problems with I wanted to get a little feed back from y'all. At a recent waterfowl chapter meeting in Little Rock, a lot of locals were discussing starting a petition to urge the Game & Fish to limit the number of OOSers on our State Owned WMAs. This could be done using a draw system much like other states do for deer hunting. NWR's, private land, leases, guided trips, etc would not be subject to a draw, only WMA's. Other things that have been brought up time and time again is urging the Game & Fish to increase the price of the WMA permits that OOSers must buy before hunting state ground. In my opinion, the WMA fees are a joke! We have a valuable resource and we need to charge a premium in order for OOSers to use it. Currently I believe the amount is set at $25.
So my questions are:
1) how many of you would put in for a draw system to access state ground as opposed to looking for a place to lease, book a guided trip, etc.
2) what is the max you would pay for the WMA Permit?