Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The Wedge

its not.

I thought Manigault, the publisher of The N&C in Charleston bought a large portion of Annandale. Mr. Reeves was good to me over the yrs. I got to hunt there.

Quote Originally Posted by rrconductor View Post
    I thought Manigault, the publisher of The N&C in Charleston bought a large portion of Annandale. Mr. Reeves was good to me over the yrs. I got to hunt there.

Nope...a good ol georgetown fella owns it and is doing a fantastic job with the management of it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

COLUMBIA, SC — The University of South Carolina agreed Friday to sell a 1,500-acre Lowcountry coastal plantation for $4 million.

The buyer's name was not released immediately. The buyer is still inspecting the property, USC trustees chairman Gene Warr said. USC has leased the nearly 200-year-old plantation founded by rice planter William Lucas for years after it the school stopped using it for insect research.

The school asked for at least $4 million when the plantation was put out for sale again in May. USC paid about $1 million for the property in the 1970s.

University trustees agreed to sell the plantation straddles Georgetown and Charleston counties along the South Santee River and includes a 8,665-square-foot plantation home and a 2,546-square-foot cottage.

Marsh and wetlands make up two-thirds of the property.

Plantation renters have included hunters and filmmakers shooting a Kevin Costner movie.

But upkeep of the historic site was expensive. USC has estimated the plantation’s annual maintenance costs at more than $100,000.

After troubles in finding new renters, USC trustees agreed a year ago to sell the plantation.

University leadership agreed that sale proceeds would be set aside for another land purchase.

Read more here: http://www.thestate.com/2014/11/21/3...#storylink=cpy

That place looks awesome. I would rarely leave, especially if I had a deepwater dock for my boat (obviously if you buy this place, you buy a sweet boat to keep on the river).

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    COLUMBIA, SC — The University of South Carolina agreed Friday to sell a 1,500-acre Lowcountry coastal plantation for $4 million.

But upkeep of the historic site was expensive. USC has estimated the plantation’s annual maintenance costs at more than $100,000.

http://www.thestate.com/2014/11/21/3...#storylink=cpy
    Pffffttttt....they don't know the half of it!
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

No kidding.

State agencies are notorious for bare bones minimum maintenance. Wish I had the money to keep her up.

I know who was looking at it. I heard he bought it but im not 100% sure. just heresay

I hope they know what they will have to do to get that place back right. Pretty much all of the impoundments needing rebuilding 5-10 years ago. Nice place for sure, but it is going to take some serious cash to get it in the shape it deserves.