Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Wedge

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Buying it is one thing.

Maintaining it is another.
    Exactly
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghetto View Post
    A larger caliber will help you with your deer kills. Try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    I agree with timber22

I'll start. $4,000,001

It'll take another million if not more to get the dikes in shape to properly hold water and then a few hundred thousand to get rid of all the Phrag that is over run the place and then at least a half million to get the house back In order...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

Buying it is one thing.

Yeah. I just got a cold chill.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

If you can come up with the 4 mil, the rest wont be a problem.....

Quote Originally Posted by Quackhead22 View Post
    It'll take another million if not more to get the dikes in shape to properly hold water and then a few hundred thousand to get rid of all the Phrag that is over run the place and then at least a half million to get the house back In order...
    Exactly. That is money USC could better use to buy players from Florida with.

While I agree with GMAC on the concept that you can donate your property for an intended use, I am glad that he didn't strongly encumber the deed to that effect. The old boy might have been hell on identifying moths, but he sucked at contract law. Now, maybe someone with an eye towards wildlife management will get the place up and running. I sincerely hope that the USC BOT has foresight enough to deed restrict it to a certain number of acres that could ever be subdivided on the tract.

Looks like a good Flyway Foundation project - with mail in draw hunts during duck season, with deer and hog hunts included.

Just sayin...

T.
    William Gettys Smart
    1830-1906
    Company A
    49th NC Infantry
    CSA

Remember....

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=12958647

I sincerely hope that the USC BOT has foresight enough to deed restrict it to a certain number of acres that could ever be subdivided on the tract.
    As per the verbiage:

"no encumbrances"
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

It'll be a carbon copy of brickyard plantation here directly.

A tractor, a disc, some millet, some fertilizer and a whirlybird may be all it would take. Just saying...

Maybe Stewart Mungo won't see this until after the bidding has ended...

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    Yeah. I just got a cold chill.
    It's like I ask people all the time. Yeah you can afford to BUY a boat. But can you afford the gas, insurance upkeep etc of OWNING a boat and actually using it enough to justify the expense.

Most of the time the answer is a big ol no.

That sure is a cool house and location. Spent alot of time in that area and never realized that mosquito and hog infested marsh across the crick was private.........did I mention the hogs?

I don't understand why not just turn that marsh into public and sell the antique house and woods.

It's private huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by trentsmith View Post
    Honestly I don't remember why I don't like you but I do remember that I don't like you.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    There shouldn't be. The Wedge needs to be under private ownership.

Probably look like this in short order...

It won't be developed but it certainly won't be managed for wildlife...it will however be very well taken care of by its new owner

Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Buying it is one thing.

This ↑

That place would be a money pit.

No doubt I'd love to own it, but only if I had the money to do things right after the purchase. Otherwise I'd much rather see someone else that really cares about it get it.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Spill the beans...

Quote Originally Posted by Quackhead22 View Post
    It won't be developed but it certainly won't be managed for wildlife...it will however be very well taken care of by its new owner
    Yeah what BB said? You got some inside intel?
    Last edited by Mergie Master; 05-15-2014 at 04:42 PM.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    Yeah what BB said? You got some inside intel?

All I know is who has been after it in the past and that I'm sure they will be first in line to make a decent bid...and they have the mind and will to bring that plantation back to pristine condition..

Cool. Hope they get it.