Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spring 2014

Nice!
    I'm like a duck: calm above the water, and paddling like hell underneath....

F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Special bird right here. My business partner Scott killed it after a long hunt... Last year he could barely walk after being thrown from and stomped by a Mule... he was a physical wreck...

He is a hard core man and recovered somewhat completely..... Great to have him in camp and hunting again... Super photo Will. Thank you!!
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Great pics! I hope I get a chance to share a camp with you and Nitro next year! I say we have another summertime rendevous with 101, Pickled Quail Eggs and lies. I'll bring the TSS this year!
    "I do not hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. I would really rather not do it, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion"
    - Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion, 1973

heck of a season, pics are great

Awesome season Will and some very nice pictures as well!

Will, I would like for you to be my personal photographer. If you promise not to shoot (at) my turkeys, I'll let you bring one of them flutes.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

The best quality photos were taken by yours truly.. no dat. I used Will's camera - and didn't "miss" the shot..
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by HartClemson99 View Post
    Great pics! I hope I get a chance to share a camp with you and Nitro next year! I say we have another summertime rendevous with 101, Pickled Quail Eggs and lies. I'll bring the TSS this year!
    Say when..
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMO SNOB View Post
    ... 5 misses? ouch

oh yeah great pix, you lost me at five misses.
    to be fair...I watched 5 misses, I didn't miss all of them myself. And to also be fair, one of the misses was followed by a kill the very next shot on the same bird. Bastard gobbled right when I pulled the trigger. I killed him the next shot though.
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

You didn't miss one in front of me.. That was good fortune..

I truly enjoyed 2014. I'm ready for next year.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Congratulations on what looks to have been an awesome season! Sorry about the misses. Was the birds too close and the pattern too tight or just a few circumstances here and there? I missed one myself, but it was poor shot selection on my part. Congratulations again!

Quote Originally Posted by Gut_Pile View Post
    I have the same Under Armour pullover and love it. It is plenty warm for those cool spring mornings and never gets so hot that one has too take it off. When it warms up and I am moving or no action I can just slip it off. Best piece of hunting clothing I own, imo.
    Psalm 42:1 "As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God."

Quote Originally Posted by davisd9 View Post
    Congratulations on what looks to have been an awesome season! Sorry about the misses. Was the birds too close and the pattern too tight or just a few circumstances here and there? I missed one myself, but it was poor shot selection on my part. Congratulations again!

I have the same Under Armour pullover and love it. It is plenty warm for those cool spring mornings and never gets so hot that one has too take it off. When it warms up and I am moving or no action I can just slip it off. Best piece of hunting clothing I own, imo.
    Jerked triggers, crawling through mud and rushing shots, incomplete doubles, you name it. Shit like that just happens during turkey season.

11 out 16 works for me. I always expect to see a few misses each spring, some of which will be my own and some from others.

And the UA pullover is the heat no doubt. I bought it from wing supply when they had them on sale. I think I paid $45 for it. It's an awesome piece of gear.
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Gut_Pile View Post
    Jerked triggers, crawling through mud and rushing shots, incomplete doubles, you name it. Shit like that just happens during turkey season.

11 out 16 works for me. I always expect to see a few misses each spring, some of which will be my own and some from others.

And the UA pullover is the heat no doubt. I bought it from wing supply when they had them on sale. I think I paid $45 for it. It's an awesome piece of gear.
    Yeah misses happen. Rushing shots has bitten me more than once as has poor bird position, I will never shoot at a bird walking away with his head not stretched in alert again. Looks like you did not let it get to you and had a great year.

Picked mine up from wingsupply as well for the same cost. I love the zipper part on the left chest area. Great storage for conditioning items and mouth calls.
    Last edited by davisd9; 05-14-2014 at 10:05 AM.
    Psalm 42:1 "As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God."

Quote Originally Posted by davisd9 View Post
    Yeah misses happen. Rushing shots has bitten me more than once as has poor bird position, I will never shoot at a bird walking away with his head not stretched in alert again. Looks like you did not let it get to you and had a great year.

Picked mine up from wingsupply as well for the same cost. I love the zipper part on the left chest area. Great storage for conditioning items and mouth calls.

Y'all be careful. The "how the hell do you miss something as big as a turkey, my Uncle Tom Tom killed 371 straight with a model 12 .410 with no bead and a bent barrel" crowd will be along shortly. They will be followed closely by the "why the hell would you pay more than $.04 per shell" crowd. Lastly, the "turkeys should only be shot after gobbling a minimum of 200 times, strutting until all their feathers pop out or combust, and at a range of no more than 5 feet" gang will come with a vengeance.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

This is the photo of the year for my season... Damn fun trip..

F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Great Season. Awesome Pics!

good stuff Will. congrats on a great season.