Thread: Last Hunt of the Season

Default Last Hunt of the Season

I was in NC for 3 days of hunting and ended up getting my 2 birds, the first on monday morning was my second turkey this season/ever and also my personal best. And, this morning at a quarter after seven I put the hammer down on 1 of 4 jakes that came hauling ass to my decoy. I had to wait about 30 sec for them to separate themselves so I didnt kill em all with one shot. #7 federal heavyweights are hell on a turkeys head at 10 steps. I had a great season with 3 birds, my first ever killed in march in SC and the other 2 this week in NC. Thanks for reading.
    “Everyone should believe in something; I believe I’ll go fishing.” –Henry David Thoreau

Your dad is one hell of a deer hunter! You need to show him how to get it done on them big birds!

Congrats on your 2 NC birds welcome to the tarheel state wish our limit was more but it ain't take what you can get

Quote Originally Posted by joelt1971 View Post
    Congrats on your 2 NC birds welcome to the tarheel state wish our limit was more but it ain't take what you can get
    haha I hear ya, it is what it is, I wasnt too far from you I was hunting in Colerain, its pretty country out there.
    “Everyone should believe in something; I believe I’ll go fishing.” –Henry David Thoreau

You were a long ways from me I live 40 miles east of Charlotte,but I've been out there and they are loaded with turkeys

Congrats!