Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The Skinny on Fat

So, if I cheat on Paleo with Sweet Corn, how bad are the squirts going to be? I know Popcorn at the movies with the boys is highly entertaining the following day.

It'll be worth it, knucklehead.
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

Sweet corn is a good excuse to cheat. Just do it and tell us about it later.

Stu Price: We have a reservation under Dr. Price.
    Lisa: Okay, let me look that up for you.
    Phil Wenneck: Dr. Price? Stu, you're a dentist, okay? Don't try and get fancy.
    Stu Price: It's not fancy if it's true.
    Phil Wenneck: [to Lisa] He's a dentist. Don't get too excited. And if, uh...someone has a heart attack, you should still call 911.
    Lisa: We'll be sure to do that.
    The unforgivable crime is soft hitting. Do not hit at all if it can be avoided; but never hit softly.
    Theodore Roosevelt

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

fish--to nitpick your nitpicking, I think less meat and more veggies is healthier.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

2th - I think most folks who are reasonable understand that you and Glenn pretty much agree on what's healthy. However, Ahnuld disagrees.

All this jibber jabber is a waste anyhow. A persons life longevity is pretty much determined by....genetics. For instance, the wife came home today and said a male coworker, health nut, runs, eats right is having a quadruple bypass this week.

I can't remember if it was WHO, or another organization that came out recently and said above all else except regular exercise, a persons genetics is the dominant factor in how long they will live.

Now, whars my candy bars, pasta and Jack Daniels?
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

Is this acceptable unrefined grains?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    *2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion*

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    "The Gamecocks are hammered dog shit"

^approve^
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Default The Skinny on Fat

Going to give it a try, figure it's best to just look at it as one meal at a time....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by cusportsman; 05-14-2014 at 12:40 PM.
    *2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion*

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    "The Gamecocks are hammered dog shit"

I had half a thick cut ribeye (leftover from last night) and a salad. Got some Almonds and a Banana for pre-workout. Hope it lasts through this "Fight Gone Bad" WOD they have in store for us. After two weeks off from the gym, I look forward to crawling in to work tomorrow. Making sure I have my water caught up going in, looks like a good workout.

Fight Gone Bad?

Prayers sent.

Yep. Wonder if we can holler "Uncle"?

You can

After 17 minutes.

Well. Learned my lesson tonight. About halfway through the second round of SDHPs, I got to revisit my afternoon snack. Only got in 150 reps. Disappointed in myself. It's the straight and narrow for me again. Eating clean and regular exercise, even if it means making up something in the basement when I can't get to the gym. Felt like starting over.

Per UpToDate as of 5/21 from the Primary Care field.

Fat intake and coronary risk (April 2014)
    Although it is known that there is a continuous graded relationship between serum cholesterol concentration and coronary heart disease (CHD), and that dietary intake of saturated fat raises total serum cholesterol, a 2014 meta-analysis of prospective observational studies found no association between intake of saturated fat and risk for CHD [1]. The meta-analysis also found no relationship between monounsaturated fat intake and CHD, but suggested a reduction in CHD with higher intake of omega-3 polyunsaturated fats; a benefit with omega-6 polyunsaturated fats remains uncertain. Given these results, we no longer suggest avoiding saturated fats per se, although many foods high in saturated fats are less healthy than foods containing lower levels. In particular, we no longer feel there is substantial evidence for choosing dairy products based on low fat content (such as choosing skim milk in preference to higher fat milk). We continue to advise reducing intake of trans fatty acids. (See "Dietary fat", section on 'Saturated fatty acids'.)
    "Blessed is the man... who makes one word grow where two grew before" - Havilah Babcock

You might as well learn that a man who catches fish or shoots game has got to make it fit to eat before he sleeps. Otherwise it’s all a waste and a sin to take it if you can’t use it.” - Robert Ruark

"Either write things worth reading, Or do things worth the writing " -Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post

fish--to nitpick your nitpicking, I think less meat and more veggies is healthier.
    I just dropped back and watched the video that Tater posted. Did you watch the video?

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    I just dropped back and watched the video that Tater posted. Did you watch the video?
    I have and it's spellbinding.
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....