Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 11 for 11! Picture heavy

Default 11 for 11! Picture heavy

So the guys on the club decided to step up and went in and bought a Jager Pro gate gate and camera. Picked it up Saturday 3-15. That day we set up this feeder and by Tuesday had pigs on the feeder pretty regular.

So the following Saturday we built the enclousre and set up the gate. They returned the first night but the old sow was trap shy and didn't want to come in with the other 10 and stayed outside the trap and by time she came in others had left so we didn't drop the gate. She ran the little ones off out of the trap trying to get her an easy meal. In doing so she caused some of the piglets to pinball off the new enclousure which spooked the group a little. So Sunday they didn't return and stayed just outside the trap and then went to the clover plot, which they are tearing up.

All the group minus the bigger black sow. Saturday night.

So Monday at lunch I decided with the cold and rain coming I decided to change up and put a lot of bait on ground so they could smell it and spun the feeder a couple extra seconds as well. This was the only time I had had to go to the trap site since it was built.

So at 7:51 I got this text to my cell

At 7:54 I got this one the black one is the one we are waiting on. She was the spooky one.

At 7:56 I got this and that was what we wanted. The command was sent to drop the gate.

8:00 I got this picture confirming the gate was dropped and we had all 11 pigs in the trap. 100% of this group accounted for.

Now we will fire up 3 feeders and 2 traps and 1 gate and camera after turkey season and start putting a dent in this nasty problem once and for all! This is by far the best and easiest way to trap hogs, but the investment up front is the hard part.
    Phillipians 4:13

that is the coolest damn thing I have seen to help with eradicating those damn nasty creatures!
    You've got one life. Blaze on!

thats awesome. good stuff.
    \"Go to Know\"

Great! Looks like that's the trick!

Nice trap! Is this in chester county?
    In the morning be first up, and in the evening last to go to bed, for they that sleep catch no fish. ><)))*>

RAD

Did you pop caps in all of them?
    Last edited by CAMO SNOB; 03-25-2014 at 02:40 PM.
    They say the only time a fishermen tells the truth is when he tells you another fisherman is a liar.

must have been a pretty penny! definitely worth it in the long run! good stuff

That is freaking awesome.

Rent that biach out after you are done with it. Surely there are other folks that would love to use it atleast until they put a dent in their populations as well.

We don't have them yet but if we did I would be begging to use it after y'all were done.
    piss on china, the country and the dishes. I can stack dishes any where, instruments of death deserve a special place.

how many feet of hog panel did you use? good stuff!
    you aint did a dawg gon thang until ya STAND UP IN IT!- Theodis Ealey

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    The older I get, the more anal retentive I get.

Awesome stuff

When you put it up in the TP after solving your problem, how about PM me, GC, Phone or Bucknfloat with a heads up.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by CAMO SNOB View Post
    RAD

[IMG][/IMG]

This was on fb so I don't think dkhuntr would mind me posting.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMO SNOB View Post
    RAD

Every last one! I tried videoing as I have in the past but at night it really sucked you could hear us talking them squealing and the 22s going off but that really all it was.

Fro we have 6 16' 56" panels in that trap, my enclosure is currently 4 16' 48" panels but we are goin to add 2more to it next time we build it that way we can just swap the gate between the two. Basically it will be a 3 step operation. 3 feeders as the get on frist feeder we will set up second feeder on another end of property the build enclosure at first feeder. Then once we do that we will set up 3rd feeder and hopefully have them on the second feeder and build enclosure there and catch piga at first feeder. Take that trap move to the 3rd feeder and pu the gate on the trap at second feeder. Then catch them at second feeder and move gate to thrid feeder and catch them there and just contiune to process untill we aren't see much activity on any feeders. Then just use as needed to control any new groupd that move on to the property later.
    Last edited by dukhuntr; 03-25-2014 at 04:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dujunkie View Post
    [IMG][/IMG]

This was on fb so I don't think dkhuntr would mind me posting.
    NO Du, I actually meant to post that but forgot to post link from PB in original post.

Quote Originally Posted by xtremeduty View Post
    Nice trap! Is this in chester county?

Yes it is, why do you ask?

Quote Originally Posted by dukhuntr View Post
    Yes it is, why do you ask?
    I've been trapping with a buddy of mine over that way on his place and he told me the club behind him just got a jager.
    In the morning be first up, and in the evening last to go to bed, for they that sleep catch no fish. ><)))*>

Like shooting pigs in a barrel
    "Think A Guy Like Me Worries About Percentages?" Tin Cup

"Some get spiritual cause they see the light, and some cause they feel the heat" Ray Wylie Hubbard

"P.S. I love turkeys. Mostly just hate those who hunt em." Glenn

PM at you xtremeduty.

Quote Originally Posted by xtremeduty View Post
    I've been trapping with a buddy of mine over that way on his place and he told me the club behind him just got a jager.
    Where your buddy's place at?? PM me if need be.

There's starting to be too many of you-uns getting closer and closer to the homeplace
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

He ain't near you Chuck. He's our neighbor and he's helping by trapping on that land. The other neighbors like the hogs and are just feeding the heck out of them.