Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: EDGE/HAVOC 553

keep me posted. I would like to catch up with you when convenient and check it out

Quote Originally Posted by head hunter View Post
    keep me posted. I would like to catch up with you when convenient and check it out

im usually home any afternoon after 515ish. weekends are hit or miss, especially during turkey season. haha

just holler at me, you are more than welcome to come check it out anytime.

just sent you a PM

new to site, and was reading about yalls setup on the havocs. It sounds like to me yall need more setback. A fellow for LA help me set mine up and he recommends at least 10" of setback to get the bow to lift. I have a 1653 edge and just went though the same thing. If you look at these boats close, with the narrow beam and big bow, you need the leverage to lift the bow. The prop alone will not do it. The fellow that helped me is the one on youtube with the mercs.

PS. trying to post my motor for sale on the trading post and it will not let me, can anyone help. I am getting rid of my built 40hp yamaha and getting 90hp opti to help get the bow to lift more on the 1653.

Quote Originally Posted by littledog View Post
    new to site, and was reading about yalls setup on the havocs. It sounds like to me yall need more setback. A fellow for LA help me set mine up and he recommends at least 10" of setback to get the bow to lift. I have a 1653 edge and just went though the same thing. If you look at these boats close, with the narrow beam and big bow, you need the leverage to lift the bow. The prop alone will not do it. The fellow that helped me is the one on youtube with the mercs.

PS. trying to post my motor for sale on the trading post and it will not let me, can anyone help. I am getting rid of my built 40hp yamaha and getting 90hp opti to help get the bow to lift more on the 1653.
    Become a sponsor and you can sell your wares on here

Is that Kent Foreman?

Richard Foreman is the fella from LA. Everything he has help me with has been dead on. The little havoc in the pics with just a Pt 130, needs a 6" jack plate as well for the offset. in my option, I am no boat wizard, so that it for what it is. Then lower the motor adapter on the pt trim unit and let the jack plate do the lifting. 6" offset on the the jack and 4" or 5" on the trim unit, you should be there. You may have to get a tiller ext from carbon marine, but you can get it with the trim switch on the end and wire it to the pt unit for a clean install.

Like for me with the 1653, I have a micro jacker which is 4" offset and then I put a pt 130 on. I think I had around 9" of offset. Ran good for a built 40hp boat. Ran in the mid 50s but still could net get the bow to lift as much as I wanted and that was with a 9gal tank in the back. Plus the 40 makes all it power above 3K rpms, that's no good for me as I have a large family (long time to plane with all the weight)and we go crabbing and such. So I am going to a bigger motor (from180pound 40hp to a 340 pound 90hp opti).

Like I said earlier, I am no boat wizard, just sharing my thoughts and experiences. These boats are new to me, as I grew up running fast crafts and falcons, bentzcrafts when I was in Highschool.

A 90? Holy hell that's going to be ridiculous.
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

buckin,

to quote your message at the the bottom.

Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

It should be fun with the 90, the only thing that I am worried about is when the tide rolls out and it is left on the puff mud. It should be fun.

buckin,

to quote your message at the the bottom.

Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

It should be fun with the 90, the only thing that I am worried about is when the tide rolls out and it is left on the puff mud. It should be fun.
    I would like to see how a Trophy Plus or Powertech TR04 would run with that 90hp. If you can turn upwards of 24pitch than that rig will might need UHF radio ATC clearence.

i will run a 13 7/8 eagle on it from Ron Hill. Not sure what pitch yet, have to a tach on it and see. Most likely will start out with a 24 though.Wife is carrying the fourth now and is due in sept, need to shake that thing out in Aug, so it can start school a year early. Whatever pitch will do that, that what i am getting.
    HAHA

i will run a 13 7/8 eagle on it from Ron Hill. Not sure what pitch yet, have to a tach on it and see. Most likely will start out with a 24 though.Wife is carrying the fourth now and is due in sept, need to shake that thing out in Aug, so it can start school a year early. Whatever pitch will do that, that what i am getting.
    HAHA
    $426 +shipping for his 24 pitch Eagle
    Last edited by Gone South; 03-28-2014 at 11:47 AM.

I'm running a 26 pitch trophy plus on a 170 triton with a 90 2 stroke.... He will need more than a 24

the only thing I don't like about my 553 is that it takes so much positive trim to fly the nose with a tweaked 25 3cly. A tweaked 40 it would proly fly high and get into the 50's

but as far as hunting and running in shallow water shin deep and ill plane her off and it turns like a champ

This past friday i went with a buddy who was interested in seeing what the havoc looks like. I just recently purchased an edge and he was amazed with it. So called up kevin at low country mud buddy and took off down there. Had the pleasure to meet and talk with Tim Scott who was in town bringing kevin boats and hunting. Both were great down to earth people and buddy ended up ordering a boat while we were there. Anyways great people to deal with if you ever need anything.

Were you at the congaree this past Saturday?

D-2, what do you have your motor sitting on. Transon or jackplate? How much offset?

Need 10 inches of setback
    She needs more power!

It's sitting on a panther 55 tilt an trim 6.5 inches of set back

How would I get in contact with this Kevin from low country mud buddy?