Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: EDGE/HAVOC 553

Default EDGE/HAVOC 553

Anyone with experience with the havoc 553?

Kevin with lowcountry mudbuddy is more than likely going to be taking a check from me next week unless someone talks me out of it.

Im between a havoc 550 or a havoc 553..... I will be hanging my 25 yamaha 2cyl. 25 on it along with a cmc tilt/trim.

Boat will be used as a riding/fishing boat in the edisto river 90% of the time.

Looking for speed, stability, room, and over all quality.

Anyone with experience with that line of boats?

Anybody near orangeburg have one that i might could come take a look at?

THIS SET UP WITH THE LOW FRONT DECK....

No experience with it, but I do love a low front deck. Kevin is good peoples! Glad y'all worked something out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Im just scared of buying a boat ive never seen in person. And its hard for me to imagine this boat being that its alot wider at the bottom, but narrower at the top than most boats its size.

I know the bottom width will help with stability but will the narrow beam make it feel like a small boat?

I'm torn on one right now as well. Been waiting on the dealer to get the new 1544 war eagle in to make my mind up. Saw it today and was not impressed. Im down to a 1550 havoc or a regular 542 war eagle
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

I felt the same way about feeling like the boat was small. Try to find someone with an edge of similar size and go look at it.
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

Im more than likely gonna order a 542 we with high deck and pods seating. I just dont think those havocs and edges can take the abuse a we can take.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by Phone Man View Post
    Im more than likely gonna order a 542 we with high deck and pods seating. I just dont think those havocs and edges can take the abuse a we can take.

mine will not see a ton of abuse. might jump a log here or there or bump off a few stumps in the river but it wont be a daily abuse like a dedicated duck/swamp boat would see.

but i would think with the ribs running down the boat instead of across the boat it would be stronger and could take more abuse than a regular boat.

if its anything like the edges, theyarent braced real well. Talked to several people who have ruined em in a season

Only real issue im having is that tim scott apparently cant stay with a company very long. Edge is out of business, so what happens if you have trouble and need factory support. Im leary that havoc may do the same thing.

Whatever I get will be a river fishing and AR boat. If I go in the swamp I take my prodrive.

Hey- I am new to the board and havnt yet posted but I do have a edge 553. Mine was built with a pad. It's a great boat and I'm going tommorrow to run is at congaree to get some numbers on it- by the way my name is micah and good to meet everyone

I'm sorry not edge- it's a havoc and btw sorry

dixiedeerslaya if you could shoot me a text 8035714990 I can give you some info on the havocs

what size motor you got on it santeeswamper?

40 yam. I wanted a smooth ride and no bounce boat with a pad. Tim did some work on this boat for sure. I ran it last weekend at congaree on stock yam 14 alum prop to break motor in and boat ran 45 blowing out past half throttle. I feel once it said and done with prop change and motor lifted itll no doubt lower 50s

jeeeze. kevin told me i should see upper 30s with a 25 2stroke and a cmc tilt/trim

Def go with the widest you can. If it's anything like the Edge's, they def don't seem as wide as they advertise since it tapers to more narrow at the top.
    1648 Tracker Grizzly
    Yamaha 70 2 stroke

I think you can run middle 30s maybe uppers. But that's propped to max and motor pretty high. That's a stock 25 now. And ill be glad to measure floor width when I get home if you like.

I picked up a 1550 havoc last Friday from Kevin and love it. Seems to be built well in my opinion but I'm not a boat expert like sum others claim to be but only time will tell. My buddy picked up a 1550 the same day and put a 2013 Yamaha 25 and with 2 people ran 32mph without messing with the setup yet.

DDS, please keep us posted on what you decide. I, too, met with Kevin a few weeks ago. I second that Kevin is great people. At the same time, buying a boat that I haven't seen or ridden in was my biggest concern. My intentions are to strap my 3-cyl 30 yamaha on the back with a Cmc. Kevin agreed that the rig would run high 30s-low 40s. 553 is my boat of choice. Someone mentioned that Edge is out of business, I wasn't aware. Is this true?