Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 14.1

Default 14.1

10 min AMREP
    30 DU
    15 Power Snatch 75/55

Thats gonna be a burner. I almost wish it was 95 lbs so I would have to break it up and could catch my breath. Double Unders kill my breathing.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

So the question in my mind is, do I treat this like a marathon and steadily grind it out or fly into it hari-kari and fall to my hands and knees at 3 minutes?

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    So the question in my mind is, do I treat this like a marathon and steadily grind it out or fly into it hari-kari and fall to my hands and knees at 3 minutes?
    My buddy in FL who is new to CF but in great shape got 4 rounds plus 12 DU's this am. He said his poor snatch technique wore him out. I'm doing it today, as I will be out of town this weekend. I think I can muscle snatch it for 4 rounds before I have to rebend. My issue is going to be trying to find the oxygen after the DU's. Also, I'll probably be doing it by myself, so it will be hard to pace.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

Good thing for me, is I can catch my breath in between cussing the rope during the DUs. Ha.
    My plan is to Muscle Snatch them as long as possible, then go to a Power Snatch for however many I can get. I'm thinking steady pace on the lifts, and do the best I can with the rope. At 2-10 DUs in a string at best, my score will suck.

A buddy in Nashville just got 255. Pretty damn good. He rocks double unders but struggled with the snatches after round 3.

DU's killed me. I muscle snatched the whole way through. I screwed up the 3rd round of DU's, got pissed off, the rope got hung in my cape, and those 30 took me 1:25. I've never looked so forward to snatches.

Anything over 250 is respectable for sure.

We've had one today break 300 at 352 (40 yr old female) and the next highest is my little power lifter at 295.

Highest male score so far is 270 by a 47 yr old male.

I'm doing it in the morning.
    Last edited by Glenn; 02-28-2014 at 02:59 PM.

I watched a 356 and a 349. I saw 6-8 over 300. PED's were involved with several

If I was on PED's and didn't break 400 I'd quit.

That's called turd polishin'.
    Last edited by Glenn; 02-28-2014 at 03:27 PM.

Doing it at noon tomorrow. DU's will kill me. I can't lace DU's together, yet. I can get 3 or so and that's it.
    The right to bear arms is the last form of defense against tyranny.

Quote Originally Posted by carolinaboy06 View Post
    Doing it at noon tomorrow. DU's will kill me. I can't lace DU's together, yet. I can get 3 or so and that's it.
    Be prepared. I judged a guy that is very fit and he turned a 130. He couldn't string any together.

PED's? What's that?

I know I will struggle with the DU's going in. It will be what it is. Having started CF in November, I just want to establish a bencjmark of where I am.

Performance Enhancing Drugs.

And yes. People take that crap so they can be a better exerciserer than you.

You talking 'roids? Haven't seen that locally.

If I am it is some lousy product and I need my money back.

Like I said, if you're taking PED's and can't get 10 rounds on that WOD then you're a polished turd.

"Talking", not "Taking" ya big dummy

I used to wonder why God assigned me to you fools....no more.

Woops.

Might be time fer some readers.

Buy the 3 pack, you're gonna lose hell out of 'em for a while. Pro tip.