Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trying it again

Default Trying it again

So started working out over a year ago and that didn't last. Between work, not a good gym, and other factors I got out of it.

Started working out again and changing my lifestyle completely on Monday. I have never felt better. Stress is gone. Haven't touched a soft drink in a week, and I used to have 2 a day. Salads for dinner, eating breakfast for the first time in years. Overall feel great. I am at the gym for an hour-hour and 1/2 every day this week.

Question I have is...

I am in my truck from 8-5 everyday selling beer to 100 different bars. I am needing help on lunch options on the go. I have eaten a salad every day for lunch, but want to know some healthy options that are quick and easy and can be eaten in the truck.

I'm at 220 now, and want to get to 190.

Thanks for the help!
    "Sweet, hard to beat cold beer and deer drowing."

Grilled nuggets from ChicFilA with a fruit cup, bojangles rotisserie bites, Hardees turkey burger (low carb, in a lettuce wrap) Wendy's chili (does have beans). Those are a few good ones that I get when on the road. Also Jersey Mikes sub in a tub, although its very saladish.

With all of the above mentioned I still eat two cans of tuna and a big handful of almonds most days that I don't bring my lunch.

Good suggestions above. Almonds are great. I also keep a lunchbox cooler in the truck. It has, at all times, an orange, apple, a couple of protein shakes, a Fiber One bar, and a small jar of peanut butter to kill a craving. Water is your friend.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

All great suggestions. Thanks for the pro tips fellas

I don't trust a skinny beer salesman.

Quote Originally Posted by murraywader View Post
    I don't trust a skinny beer salesman.
    Hahahaha

Jimmy johns unwhich is good. No cheese or mayo on it and you'll be set. I like the gargantuan, but it's a tad pricey. Pack a cooler with lunch meat, fruits, veggies, left overs from a meal from the night before. Carry almond butter and a spoon around too.
    The right to bear arms is the last form of defense against tyranny.

What's wrong with the cheese and mayo?

I am in my car all day as well. There are a lot of times when my "lunch break" is a one hour drive to the next spot. The suggestions above are good, and I have eaten all of them. Sometimes you ar just in a jam and have to choose the lesser of two evils. My rule on that is, if I am going to cheat, don't half ass it. Eat something you will enjoy.

The next step is to be more preventative. When I leave the house almost every morning I have 2 32oz bottles of water, a ziploc of bacon, hardboiled eggs, etc. I also keep a gallon ziploc full of a mix of nuts/dried fruit that I mix myself from Trader Joe's. Cashews, macadamias, almond slivers, dried coconut, dried banana chips, dried cranberries, and pecans. Its expensive, but it fills you up and tastes damn good. All of the nuts are dry roasted. If you aren't starving, you have time to pick a better option for eating. I also made a very paleo protein bar at www.yourbar.com and always have one of those with me.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    Sometimes you ar just in a jam and have to choose the lesser of two evils. My rule on that is, if I am going to cheat, don't half ass it. Eat something you will enjoy.

Exactly! Like yesterday when I went the Tattooed Moose and ate a duck club and a basket of duck fat fries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Lean lunch meats, greek yogurt, canned tuna....etc. All are easy on the fly
    "Truth, is treason, in the empire of lies"

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    Exactly! Like yesterday when I went the Tattooed Moose and ate a duck club and a basket of duck fat fries.

Hottamighty that is some good eatin'. That is a damn cheat meal with style.

If you're trying to lose weight, this isn't the forum for you. This place is for people who eat glass and piss sand. You need to be over at jennycraig.com.

Figuring out what to eat and where to get it isn't your problem. Being lazy is your problem. And unfortunately, motivation doesn't come in pill form...at least not one that is "healthy" by any stretch. You're just a tourist looking for attention. Kind words to you right now would be the equivalent of enabling an alcoholic.

When you're ready to get serious, come to CrossFit Integrity. It's in West Ashley on St. Andrews Rd. not far from the cross town. There's a website and you can google it. Anything else is just another excuse.

Have a great day.

Really easy to grill chicken, steak, and pork on a Sunday afternoon. Pack it in containers with some veggies. Stick in fridge. Add to your cooler with some fruit. Very easy to eat on the run... problem solved. Don't put shit food in your body and expect results. Eating healthy simply requires discipline, and some "want to"- nothing more. And good for you to do something about your fitness- stick with it.

Quote Originally Posted by ersepton View Post
    Grilled nuggets from ChicFilA with a fruit cup, bojangles rotisserie bites, Hardees turkey burger (low carb, in a lettuce wrap) Wendy's chili (does have beans). Those are a few good ones that I get when on the road. Also Jersey Mikes sub in a tub, although its very saladish.

Tried bojangles today after reading this. Pretty good for fast food.
    HRCH DOC'S LIL LEGACY MH

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post

^^^^^I have to get my fix at the moose at least once a month

A cross fitter saying someone else is looking for attention is a tad comical.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    A cross fitter saying someone else is looking for attention is a tad comical.