Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Cormorant-Day 1

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Rain buzzards!

Good going guys.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Those things don't just eat fish, they destroy land too. A guy I know in Minnesota fishes one of the Am/Can border lakes. It has several beautiful lush green islands in it and he, his wife and son camp and cook fish on one of the islands. The one they use the most is maybe 3 or 4 acres.

Last year he sent me some pictures of the island from around 9 or 10 years ago and it was a beautiful little spot of land covered with evergreens and a few fairly tall trees. Then in another picture he took last year the island was nothing but boulders, rocks and stumps. Not a single green thing was left on the island. Instead of green or gray the rocks were white like they had been whitewashed.

I asked him what was up with that and he said the cormorants started roosting on the island about 8 years ago. They totally destroy it with their sh!t. That cormorant sh!t burned every living plant off the island. It was amazing how much damage they did.
    Last edited by Mergie Master; 02-02-2014 at 11:51 PM.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

I hope they decide to extend it on till march 31 like originally planned.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

BigBallin is offline prognosticator of prognosticators

Quote Originally Posted by Phone Man View Post
    I hope they decide to extend it on till march 31 like originally planned.
    God I hope not, I got work to do around the house and the gov't would have to subsidize steel shot
    You can grow up to be just like me....

I got a pile of stuff that needs doin too and not enough time to do it. Then there comes fishing season
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Quote Originally Posted by Phone Man View Post
    I got a pile of stuff that needs doin too and not enough time to do it. Then there comes fishing season
    Hell, Im knee deep in workin on a bowfishin rig as well as needin to put some time in on this white boat I using to shoot cormorants out of. Not enuf hours in the day

come on fellas...wakey wakey, we got a job to do...nobody said it was gonna be fun

1 gun 33, and it wouldn't shoot but 1 at the time...basically a single shot. Broke magazine spring!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    Those things don't just eat fish, they destroy land too. A guy I know in Minnesota fishes one of the Am/Can border lakes. It has several beautiful lush green islands in it and he, his wife and son camp and cook fish on one of the islands. The one they use the most is maybe 3 or 4 acres.

Last year he sent me some pictures of the island from around 9 or 10 years ago and it was a beautiful little spot of land covered with evergreens and a few fairly tall trees. Then in another picture he took last year the island was nothing but boulders, rocks and stumps. Not a single green thing was left on the island. Instead of green or gray the rocks were white like they had been whitewashed.

I asked him what was up with that and he said the cormorants started roosting on the island about 8 years ago. They totally destroy it with their sh!t. That cormorant sh!t burned every living plant off the island. It was amazing how much damage they did.
    i have saw the areas they roost at on lake wateree and stumpy pond. its just like you said, not a single plant anywhere. the whole area is covered with white shit.
    Last edited by thawhacker; 02-03-2014 at 07:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by thawhacker View Post
    i have saw the areas they roost at on lake wateree and stumpy pond. its just like you said, not a single plant anywhere. the whole area is covered with white shit.
    I appreciate yall taking the trash out. We have an island here on the lake that used to be a Bald Eagle roost, pretty common to see them there. In the last 5 years, since the Komi-komeleons have moved in, every single tree and plant on the island is dead.

Shoot em often, and early. Thanks for the conservation efforts.

If you go to Lake Guntersville in Alabama, you can see their destruction first hand. One island we saw looked like it had been bombed, not a single living plant on the five acre island. Just nasty as hell.
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

This is as tasteful as I could do it. We could have spelled SC Ducks with the bags alone. My son did not want to put the final two bags in the truck. Said his shocks were maxed out.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Good going guys. Hope they do it again next year. Maybe Ill get to get in on the action. Im still trying to get this shoulder I had surgery on in late Dec. worked out.

If anyone got a ticket for no permit and actually attended a class, completed your paperwork and have a witness, PM me your name.

I will work on it for you. Provide me your customer number and class attended.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

So since we have a private forum why not a few hero shots?

Quote Originally Posted by Smilee View Post
    I agree!
    "...But this is football. This ain't tennis..." --CJ Spiller; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxkNT9IxEu8

Do those bastards stink as bad as gators?

Quote Originally Posted by Smilee View Post
    Because its not private, and he thinks it will bring bad press either to himself or to the SCDNR.. Which may very easily be true..

But when I kill a truck load, I will take a picture of them spelling out the Declaration of Independence, because I could careless about what 99.9% of people think of me..
    Natural Born Killer Prostaff - Killing Tomorrow's Trophies Today...

TFC -"Be tough or get tough"

Conservation Permit Holder #5213

Quote Originally Posted by Tugted312 View Post
    Do those bastards stink as bad as gators?
    Smell like sardines.. and throw up
    Natural Born Killer Prostaff - Killing Tomorrow's Trophies Today...

TFC -"Be tough or get tough"

Conservation Permit Holder #5213

Quote Originally Posted by PBiz View Post
    Because its not private, and he thinks it will bring bad press either to himself or to the SCDNR.. Which may very easily be true..

But when I kill a truck load, I will take a picture of them spelling out the Declaration of Independence, because I could careless about what 99.9% of people think of me..

Is the water turkey season much different than the conservation season for snow geese?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "...But this is football. This ain't tennis..." --CJ Spiller; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxkNT9IxEu8