Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Cinnamon @ Savannah River?

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Rat View Post
    I like being alive too much for that right now.
    Haven't heard of anyone having any troubles on the hunts with Shane down there...just saying.
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

I was invited to go to Obregon feb 10th. I can't make it unfortunately. I'll be down there in a couple of years.

As far as I know I haven't heard of any problems either
    And there came a voice to him, Rise, Peter; kill, and eat.

Acts 10:13

The last time I went to Mexico there was a group with us that brought their taxidermist with them. He had all the paper work, took care of all of the ducks, and his trip was free. I think they brought back 24 ducks. I killed four Cinnamons one morning and tried to talk myself into letting him take one. I figured I'd be back right quick, the times have changed.

I hope you get him hillbilly....I'm pullin for you.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Hillbilly, did you take that picture yourself, or did someone forward it to you?

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Hillbilly, did you take that picture yourself, or did someone forward it to you?
    I don't know how to use a high tech camera. The picture was taken by one of my best friends who is not a duck hunter. He is a bird photographer that is taking pics of rare birds in SC and another photographer gave up this bird's location to him and other photographers. If I would have taken the picture, it would have been with my phone.

Durn you would think an Ivory-Billed had been sighted.Cinnaman teal are at the sav refuge every winter. Go see!!!

They cant put anything on the internet that isn't true
    Quote Originally Posted by sprigdog View Post
    I've never seen a place of folks who are so dependant on old wives tales to control their lives.

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Quote Originally Posted by spanishmoss View Post
    Durn you would think an Ivory-Billed had been sighted.Cinnaman teal are at the sav refuge every winter. Go see!!!
    I've seen an Ivory Bill since they have been deemed "extinct". I thought it was a wood hen (pileated woodpecker), so I shot it. Only in hand did I realize it was an IB. I ate in anyway and it tasted just like every wood hen I have ever eaten...good.
    Last edited by Mergie Master; 01-31-2014 at 07:07 PM.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Quote Originally Posted by BOGSTER View Post
    Here's the deal.

Everyone and their brother has seen, knows somebody who has killed one, cripple one on a draw hunt, saw one standing on a log, saw a cell phone shot of an old polaroid from 80s, found feathers on a dike, etc, but not a single person can prove it.
    It's simple...take a picture of the cinnamon teal with a verifiable land mark that leaves no question.
    I agree with this. And here's why. People are rubberheads. And I don't trust them. I've taken people with me, who told me they were "duck hunters", and dropped them off and returned to pick them up only to find that they'd shot everything that flew by, song birds and all, and they couldn't identify any of it. One guy had in his words "two blue woodpeckers". I had a guy who invited me to hunt a pond down in Florida send me a picture of a green wing drake and a proclamation that his son had bagged a cinnamon teal. This is the nonsense that repeatedly recurs and this is the reason I don't believe it until I see it.