Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cinnamon @ Savannah River?

Quote Originally Posted by Slaya View Post
    Despite what all you naysayers believe (read, that asshole Fish, hehehe), I've seen one in person. Kilt by some folks on a draw hunt at Bear Island. I didn't take a picture, because it wasn't my kill, and it didn't occur to me to start taking pictures of other folks' ducks.
    Until you can produce a picture, it didn't happen. And that picture that we're told was taken on the Savannah River is suspect too.

While we're on the subject of delusions, hey spellcheck, why don't you run on down to the space coast and set up shop so you can shoot yourself a cinnamon. Be a good way to get another idiot out of SC. You'll die of old age before someone actually kills one down there.

Question - Who decided that the rubberheads in Florida know anymore than the rubberheads in SC about identifying ducks?

I'll concede that ducks do occasionally get way off course. Take for example a Eurasian Wigeon. But here's the thing about that. Every once in a while we see those in pictures. NO ONE has taken a picture of a cinnamon teal that was shot within a thousand miles of this place.
    Last edited by Fish; 01-29-2014 at 04:58 PM.

You callin' me a liar...

maybe

Good. At least somebody can smell and identify bullshit on here.

Miner band or cinnamon teal?

I shot a Eurasian Widgeon in NC, also. I took a pic, even though he was destroyed by the follow up shots, the double banded Brant shot the same morning made that three man limit one I won't forget anytime soon. Very photo worthy.
    Last edited by Slaya; 01-29-2014 at 05:25 PM.

Just for you, Fish.

That's a heck of a bag right there, ol boy.

Quote Originally Posted by pee dee View Post
    Miner band or cinnamon teal?
    At least make it interesting...

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

I had guys in Cali tell me that when the cinnies are flying good it's hard to kill just one. It's because of the way they bunch up so tight when they are flying.

Had one guy out there tell me he was walking a ditch near the Salton Sea and a group came around a bend on him, he shot one time and knocked down 8 of them. That wasn't his intention, it just happened. This guy was no beginner either, he'd been hunting ducks hard since he was a kid and he was almost 40 when that happened.
    Last edited by Mergie Master; 01-30-2014 at 03:44 PM.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Quote Originally Posted by BOGSTER View Post
    Yeah......show me the proof that's Savannah, GA.
    Bog, I don't doubt Hillbilly on this. He's always been a straight shooter with me and I know he owns some land down on the Savannah River.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Come on now Fish! The STA's report them from time to time. I've also seen white cheeked pintail, and ringed teal shot down there on more than one occasion and I saw both of those are more rare than a cinny!
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    At least make it interesting...
    You've killed both?

Quote Originally Posted by Ring King View Post
    Come on now Fish! The STA's report them from time to time. I've also seen white cheeked pintail, and ringed teal shot down there on more than one occasion and I saw both of those are more rare than a cinny!
    White cheeked pintail, ringed teal....how about a unicorn?

Got a picture?

White cheeked pintail and fulvous whistler. Taken from another site.

Last edited by duckslayer92; 01-30-2014 at 04:48 AM.
    And there came a voice to him, Rise, Peter; kill, and eat.

Acts 10:13

This thread has nothing to do with Florida. My gosh why do yall do this!
    "I'm just a victim of a circumstance"

You've killed both?
    3x over.

What we need is a reward banded cinna...

You've killed both?
    I have. And a couple Eurasian wigeon. Yes, I'm bragging. It is cool to be me every now and then.
    Quote Originally Posted by trentsmith View Post
    Honestly I don't remember why I don't like you but I do remember that I don't like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    White cheeked pintail, ringed teal....how about a unicorn?

Got a picture?
    Aren't you a member of United Waterfowlers FL? How about the Refuge? The pictures of them have been posted several times on both. One of the young boys that hunts with Jack Nash (Waterfowl Fool) killed a white cheek pintail just last season right at the end. Jack posted the pic on UWF as well as the Refuge if I remember correctly.

A quick search on a couple forums shows that ringed teal, masked ducks, Bahamian pintails, and ruddy shell ducks are all rare birds that are killed here in the continental US. There's a nice photo of a hen ringed teal flying in a flock of birds all the way up at Bombay Hook in New Jersey on the Refuge.
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

Derrick (Bender) of HellBender boats was the other one that killed the white cheek pintail last year at the STA.
    The pic that Duckslayer92 posted above is of Bender's birds.

My buddy Bob (QuackBob) killed the ringed teal at STA1W two years ago.
    Last edited by Ring King; 01-30-2014 at 11:11 AM.