Thread: 14'aluminum delcraft jonboat camo

Default 14'aluminum delcraft jonboat camo

Well, this is the first time I've ever painted something substantial and the first boat I've ever owned so I figured I would post this because I'm pretty happy with how it came out considering the cost of materials was under $100 and all I used was sawgrass,cattails, and a good many cans of primer/spray paint. Here are the pictures of the motor cover before and after and the boat from start to finish (note that I didnt have a picture of the outside of the boat before the primer coat but it looked similar to the nasty green inside that I'll post).
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default more pics

almost finished and finished product...IDK how to make the pictures just show up so I had to link them
    Attached Images Attached Images

what base color and paint is that?

The base color is rustoleum camo: sand
    The guy at Lowes told me they discontinued it so I've been to five wal marts in columbia trying to get whats left of it, only to get the perfect amount to finish it. You can get order it from the wal mart or home depot website I think but I was trying to finish it before this "storm."
    After the base coat, I held some sawgrass/cattail type things up to it and sprayed over the entire vegetation with Krylon:saddle tan and then shaded it with Krylon:brown boots. The brown boots can be substituted with rustoleums earth brown though because I used it for a small portion when I ran out of the brown boots and it looked the same, especially when just shading/misting over. The key was really making sure that you hold the vegetation as close to the surface as possible and not moving between the two shades paint. Hope this was helpful!

looks good