Thread: 10hp Dixie Mudmotor

Default 10hp Dixie Mudmotor

Too big for a 12' jon boat? Aluminum frame, think it's about 70lbs.
    *2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion*

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    "The Gamecocks are hammered dog shit"

Nah. Be careful with a Dixie though. Heard they have lots of problems. No first-hand knowledge, just what I've read.
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

I had an 18 hp Dixie, sold it and got a 10 HP Copperhead. 10HP would be fine on a 12' boat. I think the 18 HP Dixie I had was a lot heavier than the weight listed on their website. I would spend the extra money and get a Copperhead, you see where the extra coin is when comparing quality between the two.

If it were me, I'd check out the 6.5hp Copperhead. For a 12' riveted flatbottom, it'd work out real nice.
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

6.5 copperhead says it weighs 80lbs, that still not too heavy?

How heavy is too heavy for 12' riveted flat bottom?
    *2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion*

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    "The Gamecocks are hammered dog shit"

Call Copperhead. They're real helpful. Watch their videos on youtube. They run that 6.5 on quite a few 12' hulls if I'm not mistaken.

And I wouldn't be as worried about the weight of the 6.5 as I would the speed/torque of the 10hp. JMO.
    Last edited by quackaddict; 01-24-2014 at 03:05 PM.

6.5 hp Copperhead. If that boat is 12 x 36 it'll scoot.

If I recall that Stumpjumper I had was 63 lbs. and it handled it.
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill