Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Be thankful for what you have

Everything happens for a reason. Glad you are doing ok.

Keep moving.

AMEN! Hope everything turns around for you. God bless

Prayers sent for a speedy recovery. God has a plan for you. Objects are just that, objects.

God bless you, and I pray for you a speedy recovery. In December I did a whole lot of thinking and I told myself a goal of mine for the year/rest of my life was to start appreciating my gear and taking a whole lot better care of it. Again it's not the best but I've busted by butt to get it. Again thanks for the post, god still has something great planned for you.

Ironically I am sitting in the hospital as I read this. My youngest is here under observation with RSV. Sure puts thing in perspective, for me anyway. It has also reminded me that as long as you put God first, everything else will fall into place. Prayers to you for a speedy recovery and thanks for sharing.
    Last edited by GRN HED KILR; 01-22-2014 at 10:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DJP View Post
    Thanks and how is the arm?
    Had an ortho appointment yesterday. All plate and screws are set properly. Bones in my wrist are showing signs of good healing. Still a lot of swelling in forearm because of the double compound fracture. All the gashes in my arm arm healing good. No infection. And the extensor tendons in the top of my hand that had to be reattached are still being immobilized, but I will start therapy on them in two weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baybuster View Post
    Highflyer kills ducks. I've seen this. Don't be mistaken little fella.

Glad your ok. Great post. A lot of the new flashy bullshit is over rated. Heal up quickly so you can get back in the woods.

Highflyer, Thanks for sharing and for speaking from the heart. You are gonna pull through and I know you value your life and appreciate still being here. I won't write my story now, but in Nov. 1996 I survived a plane crash next to Lake Hartwell at 12:30 a.m. without a scratch. My wife was with me, and we had a 7, 5, and 3 yr. old at home. We survived by a "Million-to-one" chance. It was absolutely a "Miracle of God" that we lived, and it changed my life forever. God Bless you, my Brother!!

HF, hang in there. It doesn't take long for us to lose track of what really matters. Glorifying God with every word we speak and action we take is essentially what we're here for. You may have heard me bitching about how much I hate my job on here before. But I'm sure God put me there for me to touch someones life or for them to touch mine. Haven't quite figured out which one it is yet, but hopefully I will. I fuss, but I know I am blessed to have the ability to wake up and be able to go to work, and have a job to go to.

Hang in there and hopefully God's will be revealed at the right time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Well you had really nice car until you decided to make it a convertible by driving it under a truck.

Glad you are home & doing better. Continued prayers. I'll try & shoot a couple in your honor...

You're right on about everything. Perspective is a bitch, you've handed it to me and everyone else. Continued prayers for a full recovery.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

i had been married a month when I got thrown out of the back of a truck doing thirty-five. One good thing that came out of it was getting to spend a lot of time with my then 1 year old daughter. When I was 45 I had a heart attack. Like you I figuired I better start appreciating the life I had.

If you live long enough, more bad stuff will happen to you. How you handle it is what matters. Some people let things keep them down. Others learn from it and get stronger. Sounds like you would be firmly in that catagory. Good for you. Hope you have a speedy and full recovery.
    "My resume is the trail of destruction behind me. " Bucky Katt

Great post Highflyer!!

I hope you make a complete recovery and enjoy a long life- full of adventure, surrounded by friends and family!!

May God bless you !!
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    Like I said earlier. You are not supposed to walk away from something like you were in.

You havent completed your purpose here yet.
    ditto on this. Praying for ya dude. I think we're all guilty of complaining way too much when in reality, we all probably have it better than most.

good read. prayers for a speedy recovery.

Thank you for posting this. I'm guilty 100% of having good things but wanting better and not being satisfied and many times I lose track of what really matters in life. I hope that everything works out for you and you make a full recovery b/c as stated, you were def put here to serve doing something damned special.

I know you didn't make this post for pity, and I will give you none. But, I would like to donate a couple dollars to that fund set up in your name to help you and your family out. Please post the link when you have time. And if there's anything you need other than money, even someone just to help with grocery shopping b/c your wifes hands are full with your children, dont hesitate to ask.

Bryant
    Last edited by B.Miller; 01-23-2014 at 10:39 AM.
    1648 Tracker Grizzly
    Yamaha 70 2 stroke

Great post, HF... and thanks for the reality check! Continued prayers for you and your family!

After almost kikin the bucket when my gallbladder exploded and the gangrene and shit I have a little bit of a different outlook on things the last year or so. Hope you get well soon and WhalerDave is thankful for his avatar.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Well written post, prayers for a full recovery.

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

Great post