Thread: Florida bluebills

Default Florida bluebills

For the first time since I have been down in Florida during the season, I have found time to do some duck hunting. Four times this week, I have made the 60 mile drive to the hunting area. Every morning I watch upwards of 200 to 300 bluebills land within shooting distance and hundreds more in the sky. Due to logistics I have not yet bought a kayak down here to provide the opportunity to hunt the STAs and other wildlife management areas that are holding a greater variety. Over 4 hunts I reached my solo bluebills limit each day, and brought along a friend this morning to get his pair. While the teal have moved out the area and the Florida mallards (mottled ducks) were extremely call and decoy why , I had a blast exploring a new area. There were even a few morning where it was cold enough to allow my dog in on the action.

I kindly tried to waive off these bass fisherman that fished just outside of my spread, but down here in the name of "tournament fishing" bass fishermen have "the priority."

Last edited by 803; 01-20-2014 at 11:57 AM.
    "Blessed is the man... who makes one word grow where two grew before" - Havilah Babcock

You might as well learn that a man who catches fish or shoots game has got to make it fit to eat before he sleeps. Otherwise it’s all a waste and a sin to take it if you can’t use it.” - Robert Ruark

"Either write things worth reading, Or do things worth the writing " -Benjamin Franklin

Good killing
    No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.

conservation permit holder

NBK Pro-staff

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    If I read 'mousetrap' in one more fishing thread I'm punching a puppy.

Nothing wrong with that.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

You didn't copy these pics from somebody else's FB page now did you......

You've got one life. Blaze on!

I'd be happy with a limit of scaup every hunt!

Quote Originally Posted by squatty View Post
    You didn't copy these pics from somebody else's FB page now did you......

Must have my buddy had the same pics haha good killing

Nothing wrong with that at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

Quote Originally Posted by thebighun View Post
    Must have my buddy had the same pics haha good killing
    Does his last name rhyme with Right? If so I have heard of him.
    Last edited by 803; 01-20-2014 at 07:05 PM.
    "Blessed is the man... who makes one word grow where two grew before" - Havilah Babcock

You might as well learn that a man who catches fish or shoots game has got to make it fit to eat before he sleeps. Otherwise it’s all a waste and a sin to take it if you can’t use it.” - Robert Ruark

"Either write things worth reading, Or do things worth the writing " -Benjamin Franklin

Sho nuff