Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bluewings

I love shovelers, they make me think i can toot a duck call half decent. nice pic as usual
    "Check your premise." Dr. Hugh Akston

Quote Originally Posted by FlockKnocker View Post
    I really don't understand all the hate for shovelers. I think they are one of the prettiest ducks when fully plumed. Great shot RH. Thanks for sharing.
    It started when the ducks left. A certain river held a bunch of em and I think folks got tired of them being the only ducks, and the scorning was born.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

I think a fully plumed, drake bluewing is the most handsome of waterfowl, and your photo does him full justice.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Good looking birds!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Lazy is not a virtue of a duck hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by XHailGC View Post
    Nice gun!
    That poor gun is starting to show the gray patina of age just like its owner.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubberhead* View Post

"Patina is the value that age puts on an object."

I saw you not long ago, you looked like a spring chicken, but kinda walked like an old man.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Niiice!
    Gun control means using both hands!<br />They can have my gun when they pry it from my cold dead hand.

Awesome pic man
    “Everyone should believe in something; I believe I’ll go fishing.” –Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by BOGSTER View Post
    I saw you not long ago, you looked like a spring chicken, but kinda walked like an old man.
    Was it that noticeable?
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Quote Originally Posted by FlockKnocker View Post
    I really don't understand all the hate for shovelers. I think they are one of the prettiest ducks when fully plumed. Great shot RH. Thanks for sharing.
    They eat good too! I just finished cleaning a few of them minutes ago.

Great photography skills as always. You fly on out here and we'll get you plenty of the blue wings like the one on the bottom!
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

Was it that noticeable?

Quote Originally Posted by BOGSTER View Post

Hell at his age I'm surprised he even gets out the house ! Great pic. Nice birds
    80-20 Genaration

Gorgeous birds and pic! Way to go!

Skills!

Quote Originally Posted by Duckman#1 View Post
    Hell at his age I'm surprised he even gets out the house ! Great pic. Nice birds
    Old Boy's a grinder. Tell me D, did he have long hair in high school?
    I really hope so. The mental image tickles me.

"Grinder"

You've got one life. Blaze on!

The bluewing is nice, and maybe it's just me, but that spoonie is awesome! I always enjoy your pics and stories RH. Congrats!

Beautiful picture and beautiful ducks! I have pictures of Daisy retrieving 30 of the 33 waterfowl species she has retrieved in her life. A nice Shoveler, is one I don't have a picture of her with. Hope I can make it happen. She is retiring at the conclusion of this season.

Awesome picture as usual! I love both of those birds. Drake Hollywood is one of my favorites.
    I'm like a duck: calm above the water, and paddling like hell underneath....