Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Five more minutes....

Default Congrats!

73 days for me...urges got a lot less after the first month...hardest part for me is when I'm drinkin, driving the boat, or driving the truck...
    If you have a smart phone, download the Cessation Nation app...it's helped me.

Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    'Still dream on occasion that I smoked 1 then would wake up and thank the lord.
    I promised God himself that I was done with tobacco (I chewed and dipped). Like you I still occasionally dream that I've gone back on my word to God. Like you I thank the Lord when I wake up.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Put all that money you save from not smoking in a jar. After a year, you may have enough to buy my coot decoys!

If of course, I decide to sell...

Do yourself a favor and get an Ecig!
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

Good Job guys. My grandfather, God rest his soul, smoked for 40 years before quitting. He use to tell me he was glad he quit but could smoke one a mile long if he had it. He said he missed it like crazy until they took out half of one of his lungs. Took him a year to recover from that.
    The unforgivable crime is soft hitting. Do not hit at all if it can be avoided; but never hit softly.
    Theodore Roosevelt

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

I haven't had a smoke since June. I get cravings like you wouldn't believe every now and then but don't give in and they will eventually go away. The hardest part is trying to stay smoke free while socializing and drinking.

One day at a time........I think that is the way our maker wants us to live every aspect of our lives. Good gob!

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

I quit in 1995 when my 1st grandson was born.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Quote Originally Posted by LabLuvR View Post
    Do yourself a favor and get an Ecig!
    Did you finally quit you tard?

BigBallin is offline prognosticator of prognosticators

Unfortunately it's time for me to put the can down. My 6yo boy caught me in a moment of weakness having some type of sinus episode sneezing and snotting, nothing to do with dip, but he said my Yuck (dip) was making me sick. We happened to be on the way back from hunting and he said I should stop doing Yuck because it would make me sick and I couldn't take him hunting any more. He said I should stop now and I told him I had almost a log at the house, let me finish that and I will. He said "ok, how about 9 days, is that enough time for you to stop doing yuck"?....I thought about it and said yes, reckon after about 25 years of the stuff its run its course. Good luck BB, smoking were't bad for me to quit cause I dipped. This will be the challenge. Especially under the hood of a car, on the deck bowfishin, or holding a fishin pole. Im sure the boy will keep a fire lit under me.
    You can grow up to be just like me....

I thought about quitting once, and said fuck it.

Sorry you lost your vice BB, a good habit is a terrible thing to stop.

ive got to have a pack or a can if i have a gun in my hand. best of luck to you!

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    I thought about quitting once, and said fuck it.

Sorry you lost your vice BB, a good habit is a terrible thing to stop.

Who says I am quitting? It is the family business. I am just waiting 5 minutes before I get into it again.

I enjoy by vices. Without them, my virtues might not shine so brightly.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

BB that quote you shared comparing cotton to tobacco and it's relevance to waking up in the middle of the night makes me laugh.
    cut\'em

My Uncle was a wise man.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

i quit chewin and dippin in 1994- but started smoking to take it's place, quit smoking in 2007.

to this day I still want a good dip or chew- never missed the cigs

Quote Originally Posted by Rubberhead* View Post
    I promised God himself that I was done with tobacco (I chewed and dipped). Like you I still occasionally dream that I've gone back on my word to God. Like you I thank the Lord when I wake up.
    Done the same thing. Made a promise that I don't want to break and hopefully never will. Smoked a pack and a half of cigarettes a day then went to dipping. I used to keep a dip in for 3 hours or till there was nothing left in it. Still miss it from time to time but don't miss spitting out skin from my gums in the morning.
    Last edited by rodandgun83; 01-02-2014 at 06:00 PM. Reason: add
    Non Supporting Member

dipped it for nearly 20 years up until last january when we took a kid with cancer on a hunt that was turmanally ill and it will change you. i said i was going to try and go a day with out it and this january 5th will be one year strong. you can do it and your family will thank you for it also. good luck !!!!

I read this about 3 hours ago. I lasted 36, 5 minutes without snuff.

Good for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by trentsmith View Post
    Honestly I don't remember why I don't like you but I do remember that I don't like you.

Good job BB. July the 5th was the last day a i had a cigarette. I smoked for 43 years. I started an Ecig with 24mg I'm down to 3mg now. The Ecig has really worked great for me not moody or hungry. Oh yea smokers really stink. holy shit I had know idea just now bad.
    Proud owner of 3 AKC.Bench Champion MASTER HUNTERS