Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Killed my unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Cutm jack View Post
    Oh lord!!! This excited over a mallard! God I'm really am going to be moving to duck hunting hell.
    I hope you're kidding!
    Last edited by Magic; 12-12-2013 at 08:37 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by duckcommander727 View Post
    For every dumbass post like this I'm shooting a fawn. Yall are at two.
    Berkeley County Blue Blood

Conservation Permit # 5648

Quote Originally Posted by Magic View Post
    I hope you're kidding!
    Why would I be kidding? Killing a mallard and making it sound like it's some crazy occurance is blowing my mind. Maybe a crazy hybrid that is double banded could be described as a unicorn... but a mallard??? You got to be joking.

Oh shit a herd of unicorns just died!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Its my first mallard.

That's a good hunt.
    If god is your copilot, switch seats.

Quote Originally Posted by scmoose View Post
    Left over oysters???? Never heard of such a thing.

2500HD
    1436 Wareagle 25 Mercury

Why would I be kidding? Killing a mallard and making it sound like it's some crazy occurance is blowing my mind. Maybe a crazy hybrid that is double banded could be described as a unicorn... but a mallard??? You got to be joking.
    I'm sorry to have to tell you this, but mallards aren't very plentiful here. In fact, the only duck that you can count on is a wood duck.

And it does suck.

I figured thats why i'm pretty unhappy to be moving to a state that has such shitty duck hunting. Whatever its not forever... The ducks gods are probably laughing their asses off at me.

Quote Originally Posted by 295PRO View Post
    Its my first mallard.

That's a good hunt.
    Damn right it was, cherish it all your life. I remember my first mallard, and the first banded one. It seems some of these dickheads buy some magical "outdoorsman measuring stick" from walmart.....

You hunt when you can, ethically, and politely.

The ducks gods are probably laughing their asses off at me.

I hope you realize that they are members here. They are all knowing.
    I had an ant farm once......them fellas didn't grow shit.

Several of them have even posted in this thread!

I had an ant farm once......them fellas didn't grow shit.

Ya i've noticed the all knowing jackasses that seem to put their two sense in on every thread, even though the only ducks they shoot at on are nintendo. That's what happens when there are more hunters than ducks everyone is a freakin duck god.

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Damn right it was, cherish it all your life. I remember my first mallard, and the first banded one. It seems some of these dickheads buy some magical "outdoorsman measuring stick" from walmart.....

You hunt when you can, ethically, and politely.
    What isle are these sticks in??? I remeber my first mallard just like my first bluegill I caught... Not really a big deal though...

You seem all angry. I've found counting to 100 and then speaking helps out.

Everytime I think about moving and duck hunting in SC yes i get angry! Counting has not helped but thanks for the suggestion.

I kind of agree with you.

If it's a big deal to him, then awesome. Way to go 295PR0.

But, it is just a mallard. Most folks that hunt ducks have killed boatloads of them. Clearly 295PRO hasn't been duck hunting long at all.
    Mallards in SC aren't rare by any means.
    Wild migratory mallards on public water may not be so prevalent, but damn you can find a few if you look.
    That being said, there's oodles of half-bred pen birds cut loose every year across the state, so again, it is just a mallard.

Cutmjack, If you live and breathe ducks and are good at hunting them, than killing plenty of ducks here won't be an issue for you.
    SC duck hunting is give and take.
    There are times during the season when I wouldn't be happier on the Texas coast, there are other times when I'd be thrilled to find 5 huntable ducks that aren't wood ducks.
    ....Thank God for the thousands of wood ducks during those times

We have a wide array of public terrain, all unique in their own way, and all having some ducks to shoot at certain times.
    It's certainly not the west, but it isn't nearly as bad as most folks lead on.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Congrats dude.

Quote Originally Posted by BOGSTER View Post
    I kind of agree with you.

If it's a big deal to him, then awesome. Way to go 295PR0.

But, it is just a mallard. Most folks that hunt ducks have killed boatloads of them. Clearly 295PRO hasn't been duck hunting long at all.
    Mallards in SC aren't rare by any means.
    Wild migratory mallards on public water may not be so prevalent, but damn you can find a few if you look.
    That being said, there's oodles of half-bred pen birds cut loose every year across the state, so again, it is just a mallard.

Cutmjack, If you live and breathe ducks and are good at hunting them, than killing plenty of ducks here won't be an issue for you.
    SC duck hunting is give and take.
    There are times during the season when I wouldn't be happier on the Texas coast, there are other times when I'd be thrilled to find 5 huntable ducks that aren't wood ducks.
    ....Thank God for the thousands of wood ducks during those times

We have a wide array of public terrain, all unique in their own way, and all having some ducks to shoot at certain times.
    It's certainly not the west, but it isn't nearly as bad as most folks lead on.
    I understand what you're saying and I know the opportunities are there to shoot ducks but i've been spoiled with tons of ducks and very little pressure so the culture shock is going to be dramatic. I live to kill ducks and its in my blood like a disease so i'll be out in the swamp, rivers, and lakes grinding away. Until then lots of unicorns will die in the great northwest.

Just a mallard? I don't think I've ever looked at any creature I've killed and thought "It's just a _____"

And if I ever do I pray I have the decency to stop hunting at that point.

I understand what you're saying and I know the opportunities are there to shoot ducks but i've been spoiled with tons of ducks and very little pressure so the culture shock is going to be dramatic. I live to kill ducks and its in my blood like a disease so i'll be out in the swamp, rivers, and lakes grinding away. Until then lots of unicorns will die in the great northwest.

How about staying in the "great northwest" then? The man shot a duck and was excited. Go fuck yourself.

Everytime I think about moving and duck hunting in SC gt angry! Counting has not helped but thanks for the suggestion.
    Good duck hunters have little problem killing ducks in the duck-forsaken state. And sorry SC duck hunters are duck killing machines in states with ducks. So, you actually moved to the big leagues and, somehow, I doubt you can hit the curve balls.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.