Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jet drive outboard rig? Somebody talk me out of it

You live in lost creek?

Why waste the time or money in a jet rig or converting an outboard rig to a jet rig. Why wouldn't you just get a mud motor/reverse with a decent boat hull and not worry about anything but a few quarts of oil and a filter?
    :tangos:

Just got a 1660 jet tunnel seaark and a 40jet Yamaha it does the trick in the PeeDee.

I'm on the verge of pulling the trigger myself. It might be worth your time talk to Steve or Teena at Marine Service in Rock Hill. Ive talked to dealers from Columbia to Greenville to Charlotte and the most knowledgeable were at Marine Service, they can customize what ever you want. The place doesn't look like much but when I went there was a new one on the lot waiting to be picked up and 2-3 in for service. The only other dealer that seemed to have a clue is East Columbia Sport Shop.

A few things I've gathered from reading and talking to the few jet outboard owners I've been able to find... square front completely flat runs the shallowest but rides rougher and may slide in turns, 3-6 degree deadrise gives better ride and control and only gives up minimal draft, a hydraulic jack plate can give better overall performance from hole shot to on plane but not absolutely necessary, there is a big difference in a prop tunnel and a jet tunnel and a more forward load balance is more important with a jet than a prop. Hope this helps some.

Ops, just saw the date on the thread. Oh well,maybe this will help someone.