13 14.94%
  • Gator Traxx

36 41.38%
  • Other

27 31.03%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Toughest Mud boat?

Quote Originally Posted by beanhunter View Post
    Duck fool and nitro where do they have prices? I was combing the fb pages an pics but didn't see anything talking prices.
    This is what Chad quoted me a couple weeks ago...1748 starts at 4400 + 500 for the hunt deck. They look good and I intend to have one as soon as I get my Xpress sold

Lifetyme boats

Quote Originally Posted by duckiller View Post
    if I encounter such an obstacle and hit it that most likely I won't have to worry about a hole in my boat or busted foot.
    I know very little about mud motors but have always wondered about this. So to my understanding, there is a trim unit on the motor, correct? If so how does the motor or does the motor kick up when you hit a log or stump while you're running? The best I can figure is that its like a CMC trim unit where it can still swing. So how does it work?
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

Go with a custom built boat!

My boat is a "other" and probably one of the besf hulls out there.
    Life ain't easy and dry bread ain't greasy.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckin Bronco View Post
    I know very little about mud motors but have always wondered about this. So to my understanding, there is a trim unit on the motor, correct? If so how does the motor or does the motor kick up when you hit a log or stump while you're running? The best I can figure is that its like a CMC trim unit where it can still swing. So how does it work?
    The trim piston is on a slide that allows it to kickup

Quote Originally Posted by Phone Man View Post
    a pirogue will go further as long as you don't fall out of it
    I wish someone could have been videoing Evan and I playing in the marsh Sunday. Both of us were in a single Ron Chapman Pirogue in a "pond" that didn't have enough water to float the hull. As we pushed along a bow wake of mud was curling up the sides of the hull. You could see the "snail trail" behind us as we made our way across the mud flat. It will never cease to amaze me what places a good pirogue will allow me to access. When I wear out the three I have now Ill be placing an order for three more that's for sure!! I couldn't imagine having to hunt without them after all these years of seeing and experiencing what they can do with a little effort!
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

hopefully ron has a cottonmouth in stock, got me a transporter coming back from LA with one hopefully in tow
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

hopefully ron has a cottonmouth in stock, got me a transporter coming back from LA with one hopefully in tow
    ooooo my here we go again just messing with ya

You can usually get blemish models from the factory (if you're picking up in person) at a reduced cost. One of mine is a blemish model. Just under the cypress rail there is a little three inch by one inch spot where the gel coat didn't come out glass smooth. Saved me about $100! That was back before Katrina though.
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

Well hopefully my cajun friend can get me one. I got a few places where i could really use one. My kayak doesnt like the shallow stuff
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gone South View Post
    Nothing can go where a lightweight canoe and paddle will.
    Of course the same could be said for a flat bottom boat with a surface drive motor. Sure if you have a small slough or beaver pond that is a great choice however, if your journey begins with a four mile run by river then two up a creek before you get to skinny water, then there are much better choices than a canoe. If you enjoy hunting with friends, dogs and need decoys, then a canoe might not be the best choice either.

Boat choices are all about the mission. Having said that my Go-Devil 16x60 (700lbs. + without motor) is so heavy four men would find it very hard to pick up, but it will float/run in four inches of water or zero inches of pluff mud. MG
    Dum Spiro Spero

They are all tough, built with .125 gauge aluminum. What it boils down to is, how much $$ you want to spend. I have a GoDevil for the very simple fact that at the end of the day, I am not spending $20k+ on a "jon boat".
    "run and gun guide service"

Not a mud boat but it still gets in some skinny water. All it needs is a jack plate
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by duckplucker; 08-22-2018 at 08:43 PM.

I got a quote on an 1851 Prodigy Timber Hull Elite about a week ago, 60 HP Mercury tiller with a galvanized trailer. $28k. I dont care how nice they are, they bumped their damn head. I guess people pay it though, they are still in business...

Quote Originally Posted by duckplucker View Post
    Not a mud boat but it still gets in some skinny water. All it needs is a jack plate
    Not real skinny. Too much paint still on that skeg.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

I just can't seem to drag that thing on the bottom. I trim it up as high as it will go and walk it the rest of the way. Usually a hard sandy bottom where I hunt.

I will keep my 1448/MV TRITON with the 25 on it and go anywhere they will go. Hell, Cootnasty saw it and turned around this week. Before I bout cut my finger off.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    I will keep my 1448/MV TRITON with the 25 on it and go anywhere they will go. Hell, Cootnasty saw it and turned around this week. Before I bout cut my finger off.
    Come on down to my house with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

Quote Originally Posted by Goin Coastal View Post
    Come on down to my house with it.
    he can make it. just gotta be brave, go slow, or have good insurance