13 14.94%
  • Gator Traxx

36 41.38%
  • Other

27 31.03%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Toughest Mud boat?

Default Toughest Mud boat?

What do you think is the best build mud boat on the market today?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Lazy is not a virtue of a duck hunter.

I dont know if its the toughest but I voted excel because I like them the best out of what was listed.
    I'm like a duck: calm above the water, and paddling like hell underneath....

None
    867-5309

Look at the prodigy boats being built in Atlanta area. They will build to your specs and the few I have seen were built like tanks. If it wasn't for baby #2 I would be in one.

don't buy one! If you do, you are contributing to the decline of duck hunting.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Fool View Post
    Look at the prodigy boats being built in Atlanta area. They will build to your specs and the few I have seen were built like tanks. If it wasn't for baby #2 I would be in one.
    That is the first I have heard of them. Good looking boat for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com

From the few they have listed on the facebook page, they seem lower priced than other custom boats.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Fool View Post
    No doubt. Chad is building some awesome boats... He knows what a duck hunter needs from a boat.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

The toughest boat out there isn't even on the list. Go devil boats are by far the toughest out there.

Duck fool and nitro where do they have prices? I was combing the fb pages an pics but didn't see anything talking prices.
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls

It might not of been on facebook. I'm like a crackhead when it comes to looking for boat deals. I might of been on mmt or somewhere

Ok what kind of price for a boat?
    Tip:
    Tekton Game Calls

Kinda hard to have the toughest debate. They all use .125 5086 for the hull and 6 longitudinal stringers. All well built boats. I loved my Excel F4.

X2 on the boats Chad is building. They are top notch. As far as price tho, he is about the same as gator trax. He will more than likely be building my next boat.

Anything NOT powered with a lawnmower engine than runs all the ducks off. Electric mud boats rule. No sound
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Default Toughest Mud boat?

Nothing can go where a lightweight canoe and paddle will.

Quote Originally Posted by duckiller View Post
    What do you think is the best build mud boat on the market today?
    The one sittin in my backyard!

Quote Originally Posted by Gone South View Post
    Nothing can go where a lightweight canoe and paddle will.
    a pirogue will go further as long as you don't fall out of it
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

I hate you snubbed Godevil and Gatortail. There are plenty of backyard boatbuilders in La that build "tougher" boats that what you listed.

Heck if Phil Robertson endorses it, it's gotta be the best right? Or has he moved on to the highest bidder?

Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

I was just getting opinions. I want a mud rig set up just for peace of mind running in the mornings and to save me a little time. I don't like navigating some of the rivers and lakes I hunt that have ever changing bottoms, floating logs, stumps, ect. Just want one so I can drive knowing if I encounter such an obstacle and hit it that most likely I won't have to worry about a hole in my boat or busted foot. Boat I have now is older and is on it's last leg just looking to upgrade and have something nice that will last me for a good while.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    I hate you snubbed Godevil and Gatortail. There are plenty of backyard boatbuilders in La that build "tougher" boats that what you listed.

Heck if Phil Robertson endorses it, it's gotta be the best right? Or has he moved on to the highest bidder?

I didn't snub anyone that's why other was a choice. I posted for discussion I just listed name brands to have a basis. I love the way those Prodigy boats look and the closer to home I can find a builder the better for me. I don't make a lot of money so I just want to do this right te first time as much as possible.