Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shell choke combo

that would be it
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    You are correct. I've never in my life counted holes in paper
    Check out this ones neck

35 yds

45yds
    Fine looking birds right there. This is as far in the pissing match as I will go cause I hear we are up for dramatic wind changes and if not that I probably have not drank as much vinegar as you today either.

In physical attributes the TSS is superior to Hevi-Shot as well as the Federal HW shells. In the lab they are harder and do pattern better because of this, especially at longer distances. The problem with it for me is where it becomes superior does me no good at turkey hunting ranges. The Hevi and the Feds will kill farther than traditional turkey hunting yardage and that is all I need with a bit of fudge room for my mistakes.

Keep busting them with TSS and post the pictures cause I sure enjoying viewing harvested birds.

9 yards with 20 ga lead #5:

14 yards with 12 ga hevi #6:

38 yards with 12 ga hevi #6:

They all look just as dead. Good luck this spring!
    Last edited by davisd9; 12-09-2013 at 09:33 PM.
    Psalm 42:1 "As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God."

Yeah, we've already been down this road
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Quote Originally Posted by Savduck View Post
    Yes Sir a properly set up 20 ga is hard to beat. Ill never go back. Love mine.

Hart how is the 410 project coming along.
    I'm at a little bit of a stand still. I have all the components needed concerning building the shells with the exception of Winchester 296 powder. I can't handload any shells until I can find that powder. Hopefully I will find some soon!
    "I do not hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. I would really rather not do it, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion"
    - Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion, 1973

Whats im interested in is that turkey chair....do tell. Need details.

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    You are correct. I've never in my life counted holes in paper
    Check out this ones neck

35 yds

45yds
    That TSS does a number on their head. Ive never seen a TSS shot bird that didnt pour blood. I may end up with some one day...probably 8s. For now 210 Fed 7 shells to go through. Either way, with TSS or feds or hevi a properly set up 20 will do anything a 12 will do only cheaper, lighter, and with less recoil. Love mine.

Im still wrapping my head around you letting that weatherby go. Oh yeah...fill us in on the turkey chair.
    Last edited by Savduck; 12-10-2013 at 07:11 PM.

Hart I got 4lbs of 296

Never used a 20 870, but I've got a pure gold in my 12. That pure gold w/ # 5 hevi has been putting the toms down for a while now.

Quote Originally Posted by Savduck View Post
    Whats im interested in is that turkey chair....do tell. Need details.
    http://www.cornellhuntingproducts.com/huntpac.html
    Warning: The Surgeon General has determined that turkey hunting is an addictive activity that will disrupt normal sleep patterns!

I personaly like to scrunch down as far as I can when it gets close to crunch time. I bought a gobbler lounge a few years back. While it is comfortable, I feel like I am sitting too high and am exposed. the other problem I found was if I needed to scoot around a little on the tree I had to get off the seat and move. This chair pack looks interesting, but I think I would have the same problems with it. Maybe not. Those that have one, educate me about it.
    "My resume is the trail of destruction behind me. " Bucky Katt

Quote Originally Posted by flockbuster View Post
    I personaly like to scrunch down as far as I can when it gets close to crunch time. I bought a gobbler lounge a few years back. While it is comfortable, I feel like I am sitting too high and am exposed. the other problem I found was if I needed to scoot around a little on the tree I had to get off the seat and move. This chair pack looks interesting, but I think I would have the same problems with it. Maybe not. Those that have one, educate me about it.
    That is the second generation one. It sits a little higher than the 1st. Gonna get the hacksaw this year. It is very comfortable and I like to sit in a bush, and not necessarily on a tree. I love it. You have to understand that every once in a while you just have to bail out of the chair if you hear one behind you or he is coming too far right. I think sitting more still and being comfortable outweighs the disadvantages.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

I use a gobbler lounger when I sit on fields with no good trees and there is brush to conceal me but that is all I need. I can throw iron the brush and take off if need be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Psalm 42:1 "As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God."

I'm disappointed. I was expecting some kind of custom made seat with exotic woods with inlays and scrimshaw on the ivory and buffalo horn arm rests.

Quote Originally Posted by Spur hunter View Post
    I'm disappointed. I was expecting some kind of custom made seat with exotic woods with inlays and scrimshaw on the ivory and buffalo horn arm rests.
    Where can I find one of those?
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!

i gave you one, butthole

minus the ivory and such
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    i gave you one, butthole

minus the ivory and such
    Is there a sponsor on here that will take the one you have me and dress it out proper like spurhunter described?
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!

I'm just glad someone appreciated my joke. lol
    Gbelly, if you can get one made I can scrimshaw it for you with strutting toms, dogwoods and such.

Quote Originally Posted by duckchoppin View Post
    Hart I got 4lbs of 296
    I would be interested in doing some buying some from you if you can spare it. I don't need much. Just enough for about 20 .410 loads.
    "I do not hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. I would really rather not do it, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion"

Quote Originally Posted by HartClemson99 View Post
    I would be interested in doing some buying some from you if you can spare it. I don't need much. Just enough for about 20 .410 loads.

you got my #?

Quote Originally Posted by duckchoppin View Post
    you got my #?
    I'll shoot you a pm. Thanks!