Thread: First Split/ Dog's first duck season

Default First Split/ Dog's first duck season

Wrigley, my English Cocker, picked up about 75 doves for me this season. Here he is at 11 months in various pictures from this past week.

Hot damn if you didn't just steal my thunder. I was literally just uploading pics of my dog's first split hunts and getting ready to start a thread. lol

Great job! Nice pics.
    HRCH DL's Black Kentucky Shine SH "Colby"
    HR Devil's Dirty Little Secret "Tessa"

2015 1760dbst Havoc & 90 HP Yamaha 2 Stroke

Cool little dogs, Congrats!
    I'm like a duck: calm above the water, and paddling like hell underneath....

Man them english cockers are bad little retrievers. My buddy has one that quail hunts. He is the head quail guide, and that little dog has picked up thousands of quail. He has a great temperament too.

Congrats. Thats a pretty pup you got

Thanks fellas

Cool pics I would watch the dogs feet on that tree stand base. Just a thought maybe a little wood would work.
    "I'm just a victim of a circumstance"

Cute dog.

1st season. Not "split."

The time which the government has designated for shooting waterfowl is called a season.

We have a single "split" between the traditional thanksgiving week, and the start of regular duck season.

We are in that split as of today. In short time, the regular duck season will start.....not the 2nd "split."

Thank you for your time.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

looks like a real dog...only smaller.
    "Check your premise." Dr. Hugh Akston

I'll echo coot nasty...watch little man's feet.
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold