Thread: Question

Default Question

I had the boat in the yard putting the blind and all on so i went ahead and checked my spark plugs oil etc. when i pulled the plugs i noticed the bottom plug seems to be darker and burnt more than the top 2. The motor is a 04 25 tohatsu 4 stroke. Is this something to worry about?

Quote Originally Posted by sut View Post
    I had the boat in the yard putting the blind and all on so i went ahead and checked my spark plugs oil etc. when i pulled the plugs i noticed the bottom plug seems to be darker and burnt more than the top 2. The motor is a 04 25 tohatsu 4 stroke. Is this something to worry about?
    Could be a bunch of reasons. The upper cylinders run a couple degrees warmer and might keep the plugs cleaner. Bottom cyls are running richer. Compression difference between them. Pics of the plugs would help out a lot.

Run wide ass open from bank to bank in a vicious slalom and you'l equalize the burn between the cylinders. Pro tip.

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Run wide ass open from bank to bank in a vicious slalom and you'l equalize the burn between the cylinders. Pro tip.
    ill try that...