Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Birds starting to move

They ought to be down there in the State by now!!! They have really been moving in TN. The mallards, blacks, and finally gadwall. Its really lookin good.

Went scoutin this past weekend and saw about 40 woodies, 10 mallies, 10 geese, a black lab, and a bad ass duck boat.

tradorion Coots

all i got to say is riding the Santees, ICW, and looking around the plantations is starting to really give me a stiffy!! [img]graemlins/tapdance.gif[/img]

driving 26 this morning and the geese where steady flying over the interstate...about 200 geese in six different flocks.
    almost had it

Well boys Im up here in Montana and i can say that the birds are starting too move. We have had a couple hot days last week, but this week seems to be getting the birds up and moving. I went this morning and hunted the Bitterroot river and saw prob about 200 canadas, 50 mallards, 1000 teal. I am starting to see alot more birds coming in. I hope it gets cold as hell up here so by the time christmas rolls around and i get to come home the birds will be there! good luck

UMT, what area are you in? My parents have a ranch in the Roundup area(N of Billings) near the Mussellshell River.

I'm 'bout to go scout a couple of my holes, then might try to rattle a mid-mornin buck to me!

Well if they were starting to move, I can promise you that they won't be doing much moving with 70+ degree weather.
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went."
    Will Rogers

You took the words right out of my mouth S&A!
    "It's like dejavu all over again"
    "90% of the game is half mental" Yogi Berra

Success, saw good numbers of woodrows, gwt, honkers, and a few Gadwall, also found a hot scrape line...

11/17/04
    Saw 4 mallards, 22 teal & 18 Woodies.

I'm getting really jacked up for hunting murray this year. I'm seeing at least 1482 coots every day for the past week!
    You've got one life. Blaze on!

RED.. cool about the ranch... Is it huntable? lol I in Missoula. Maybe 1.5 from Billings...