Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Draw Hunt Results

Broad River was the tits. Maybe it will be again this year for the lucky winners. I never hunted it, but damn at the ducks I have seen working in there. Bob Harkins knew what he was about.

Heard today by e-mail......had one preference point and was rejected.

I'm so old that I was applying with my father back in the days when you could get drawn once on each hunt site. Entry fee was $10 per site. Several years we were drawn for hunts on both Bear Island East and Samworth. This would have been about 1968, 1969 or 1970. If memory serves, in one year - maybe 1973 or so - we were drawn for three hunts (Bear Island, Samworth and Santee-Cooper).

There were ducks in those days, many fewer applicants, and the fields were hunted more often. As a result there was a better chance to get drawn every year.

Ahhhh......the good old days!
    That the Tiger's roar may echo.....

Bear Island east Jan 14

Just to clarify, has anyone been notified by mail yet?

I'll be placing a call to HQ shortly so someone can either explain where my money from last year went or where my preference point from last year went. They can keep one or the other, but not both.....

Default Draw Hunt Results

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfowler View Post
    Just to clarify, has anyone been notified by mail yet?
    No and I'm antsy
    piss on china, the country and the dishes. I can stack dishes any where, instruments of death deserve a special place.

Santee Delta West Jan 18th. I'm a swamp hunter and don't have a blind on my boat. Never hunted here before. Can someone tell me if a blind is essential for this hunt?
    Christian Southern White Heterosexual Gun-Toting Male (The world's most hated minority)

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDUX View Post
    Santee Delta West Jan 18th. I'm a swamp hunter and don't have a blind on my boat. Never hunted here before. Can someone tell me if a blind is essential for this hunt?
    No blind necessary. Leave your boat in the canal and do what GW tells you to do and be prepared to move if the birds are locking in elsewhere.
    DILLIGAF

Quote Originally Posted by Budman-08 View Post
    Wonder how many on here remember 1988. Or if they were born yet.
    I had one hell of a hunt there in '81. All mallards and black ducks except for 1 mottled duck. Had the limit in less than 30 min. The scdnr bio and I were friends and he told me exactly where to go. They watched us with binos from the dikes.

Quote Originally Posted by duckiller View Post
    Who is going where and when? Got my notification today will be at Bear Island East January 9th!
    BI East January 9th- See you and Budman there

Nothing in the mail yet

Quote Originally Posted by duckshootringer55 View Post
    Nothing in the mail yet
    Me neither.
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

We got Bear Island West on Dec. 17th. Hope to see some of yall there
    “Everyone should believe in something; I believe I’ll go fishing.” –Henry David Thoreau

Anyone going to the cape December 26th? This will be my first draw hunt without a partner. Will they have another random single hunter partnered in the blind with me? Possible? Probable? Not likely? Doesn't really matter just wondering what to expect getting drawn as the only team member.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baybuster View Post
    Highflyer kills ducks. I've seen this. Don't be mistaken little fella.

Got my notice via snail mail to day. I have visions of ducks dancing in my head. Hoping for similar results from my last hunt.

The Cut December 7th.
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

Default Draw Hunt Results

Quote Originally Posted by highflyer View Post
    Anyone going to the cape December 26th? This will be my first draw hunt without a partner. Will they have another random single hunter partnered in the blind with me? Possible? Probable? Not likely? Doesn't really matter just wondering what to expect getting drawn as the only team member.

I don't believe so. I'm flying solo this year as well.

Quote Originally Posted by highflyer View Post
    This will be my first draw hunt without a partner. Will they have another random single hunter partnered in the blind with me?
    Quote Originally Posted by surfcock View Post
    I don't believe so. I'm flying solo this year as well.
    I always hunt solo. I've been asked if I wanted to share a blind/draw one time that I can remember in over nearly 30 years. Politely decline unless you're okay with hunting with strangers. You have no obligation to share a draw - it's your hunt. I don't like to duck hunt with people I like so I darn sure ain't gonna share a blind with a stranger.

Now, I have been pulled aside on multiple occasions and asked if I would take a particular draw/blind without being part of the drawing. Every time that was done, it was done, I think anyway, in everyone's best interest, including mine. WMA managers want everyone to have the best possible hunt. They'll probably assume you're a good hunter if you're solo and may put you in a place with the highest risk/reward ratio. Then they'll put big parties of goofballs in the blinds that are covered with teal so all the goofballs either shoot a limit or shoot all their shells.

If you are pulled aside and asked if you will take a blind outside of the normal drawing, ask the reason. If you feel good about it, take it. If not, insist on participating in the drawing with everyone else, if they have one. I insisted on being part of the drawing one time and ended up wishing I'd takne the first offer; live and learn.
    Last edited by Rubberhead*; 11-14-2013 at 02:18 PM.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

got the Heisman. group has 2 pts each for next year. thanks to everyone who has recently started applying for decreasing my odds.
    "Check your premise." Dr. Hugh Akston

It's popularity only grows by further discussion on the innerwebs
    You've got one life. Blaze on!