Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cut-down guys

Default Cut-down guys

Any of you blown a BSOD or an Echo cut down? I feel like I need at least one cut down, potentially 2 or 3 since they are a lot cheaper than your average call. Yea, I want an actual Olt, but I haven't started "collecting" calls yet.
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

If you want a cutdown I would look for an Olt or DJ cut by Heath Vanlandingham, Kirk McCullough, or Bryce Decker. Bryce Decker puts out a good call as well, the Black Monster and cuts others calls. The echo and BSOD's are not what your going to be looking for unless modified. They are that style call but not a custom/modded cut call that will produce that loud bark of a cutdown.
    Last edited by SCH2Ofowler; 10-22-2013 at 10:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SCH2Ofowler View Post
    If you want a cutdown I would look for an Olt or DJ cut by Heath Vanlandingham, Kirk McCullough, or Bryce Decker. Bryce Decker puts out a good call as well, the Black Monster and cuts others calls. The echo and BSOD's are not what your going to be looking for unless modified. They are that style call but not a custom/modded cut call that will produce that loud bark of a cutdown.
    I not a huge fan of the Black Monster call I have. My KM cut Olt stays on the lanyard though. I have a timber thief, an old olt a friend cut down, and a singing pines cutdown that I like, but they stay on the shelf. My next two calls I buy will be the KM Custom Cut and a call from Heath, I've heard good things about both of them.

BSOD sucks compared to my olt cutdown.
    Skybusters: Magic Does Not Apply to Shotgun Physics

Skybusting, or the art of trying to magically propel steel shot 100 yards into the air at a passing duck, is a sure-fire way to ruin your own chances, and everyone else’s chances, at actually killing a duck.

Why do you want a cut-down?

Why not? It's one of those things that I think everyone that can call ducks probably needs at some point and time in their life.
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

Serious question. Does anyone buy an unmodified PS OLT Keyhole call and us it as is? Or is it necessary to have it modified by someone?

The KM cut Olt did some work this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by quackaddict View Post
    Why not? It's one of those things that I think everyone that can call ducks probably needs at some point and time in their life.
    Was just wondering your motive. If you want it for the volume, RNT Mondo will get darn close, if not as loud. It's easier to blow, and you can get quieter with it. just my opinion. i have a handfull of cut downs. i love my mondo.

Get a Kirk McCollough. He does a great job with them. Just know that they are totally different than any other call and the skill to blow them is totally different. I'm not a huge fan of them in open water. Just my $.02
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Quote Originally Posted by huntinghagen#12 View Post

That fella 2nd from right a Clemson grad?

Quote Originally Posted by quackaddict View Post
    That fella 2nd from right a Clemson grad?
    Nope, that's me ... Go Cocks.

Looks like you guys had a nice hunt this morning Jacob. Congrats! I'm jealous I'm not there killing ducks with y'all. Back to work...uugghhhhh

Nope, that's me ... Go Cocks.

Figures!

You're 2nd from left you big dummy.
    *2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion*

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    "The Gamecocks are hammered dog shit"

Quote Originally Posted by cusportsman View Post
    Figures!

You're 2nd from left you big dummy.
    Damn ... I need some sleep.

He's not a clemson grad though, he is a fan.

Quote Originally Posted by D's Tees View Post
    Was just wondering your motive. If you want it for the volume, RNT Mondo will get darn close, if not as loud. It's easier to blow, and you can get quieter with it. just my opinion. i have a handfull of cut downs. i love my mondo.
    I've been back and forth on the Mondo and the BSOD for a couple days now. Heard from several folks that the Mondo was a cross between a cutdown and a J frame?
    Quote Originally Posted by sprigdog View Post
    I dunno, but being a good duck hunter and shooting woodducks have nothing in common.

You know any real good dove hunters?

Fun as hell, but.....

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Lab View Post
    I've been back and forth on the Mondo and the BSOD for a couple days now. Heard from several folks that the Mondo was a cross between a cutdown and a J frame?
    This is true. I have never liked the mondo, even modified it just doesn't do it for me like the others I have.

This year my lanyard will have my KM keyhole Red Label and the Carolina Cut Down from Singin Pines. With those two I believe there isn't a situation that I can't handle.

He looks like a goober that I went to school with up there.

I'm on the fence about the Mondo. If it sticks as bad as every other SNT out there, I doubt I'd like it. It might be easier to learn to blow, but I think I'd rather have something a little more like the real thing.

Non cut down. I win
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.