Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pear Poacher popped.........

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    Damned sexy bear.

To hell with a full body mount, but he would be a stabbin cushion in front of the fireplace for sure.

I'd shoot a 243 in the vitals so long as I was sure I could thread it around the shoulder blades. Definitely wouldnt try a head shot.
    Pro tip. Have the taxi man reinforce the ears with extra wire.

Natural hand holds.
    Quote Originally Posted by trentsmith View Post
    Honestly I don't remember why I don't like you but I do remember that I don't like you.

Dang right, Sprig.

Good looking bear. I want one that I don't have to shoot out of a bucket full of old candy bars and doughnuts.

Ditto.

I just want one, and I'll be done with it.

Thanks for the pro-tip spriggy.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

BigBallin is offline prognosticator of prognosticators

Good stuff, one day I get to that line on the list.
    You can grow up to be just like me....

But, but...it was a BEAR and it was shot with a .243! No way that happened. I mean, it was a BEAR for crying out loud.

It's a big dog. Nothing too tough about a black bear. If elk and moose are killed on the reg by a .243, a black bear ain't chit. Tell that little gal congrats. That's a damn nice 'un. Ought to make a real nice hide to throw on the wall.
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Dang right, Sprig.

Good looking bear. I want one that I don't have to shoot out of a bucket full of old candy bars and doughnuts.
    See my post in the FF Auction...
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

Nice bear how much weight

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Dang right, Sprig.

I'd rather shoot a speed goat, with a bow, out of a double bull, on a waterhole, in August, in Arizona than shoot yogi, getting into a pick-a-nick basket.

That chocolate I killed 3 years ago was while just walking around the woods looking for elk.

I'm going to be a bear killing fool starting next year. 7 months of season and 2 a year. Same exact way and terrain where Shockey does it. Only difference is that on certain days, I'll have the foxpro and maybe get my first kitty kat. That's a 10 month season. Bait and dogs were outlawed 13 years ago, hunt the bears just like deer, spot and stalk.
    I may just give up fishing.
    Quote Originally Posted by trentsmith View Post
    Honestly I don't remember why I don't like you but I do remember that I don't like you.

Quote Originally Posted by sprigdog View Post
    I'd rather shoot a speed goat, with a bow, out of a double bull, on a waterhole, in August, in Arizona than shoot yogi, getting into a pick-a-nick basket.

That chocolate I killed 3 years ago was while just walking around the woods looking for elk.

I'm going to be a bear killing fool starting next year. 7 months of season and 2 a year. Same exact way and terrain where Shockey does it. Only difference is that on certain days, I'll have the foxpro and maybe get my first kitty kat. That's a 10 month season. Bait and dogs were outlawed 13 years ago, hunt the bears just like deer, spot and stalk.
    I may just give up fishing.
    Keep the porch light on.

Scott got the call today from WADFW- the tooth age test came back - est 23 year old boar.....

He is picking up the meat products tonight..... I hope I have some to share soon...I will bring some back when I go out next month.....

He saw another giant today....... damn, I hate living here..
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

I have no qualms about putting an 80gr barnes in the boiler room of a blackie. Now if grizz is around, i'd rather have my bolt 375 H&H stoked with some partitions or a frames and a healthy dose of reloader 15
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Scott sent this today....

Probably the big Choc Bastard's son....... Scott has a fair amount of experience with these bears..

He thinks this bear is 500# + .. I hope to find out.. Tne photo doesn't show how rugged the terrain truly is ....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

hell yea that's one big ass bear, congrats!