Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Middle Coastal

The black lager is some good brew. My friend I left the meat with had picked up 6 variety Shiner packs last Fri and gave me 3 of them because he stayed at the house in OKI for a few days. I left him some bites as well for the beer.

As far as the crocs, if they would let me wear them at work I would.

Not all the meat in this pic but was a start to it. A bunch of bites, cut some steaks as well as some strips for doing a stir fry, and left about 10lbs with a friend to make into summer sausage.
    steaks and strips from a gator that big will leave your jaws hurting after a few few bites... pro tip

Nice lizard.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by dixiedeerslaya View Post
    steaks and strips from a gator that big will leave your jaws hurting after a few few bites... pro tip
    Ahhh. Do you think if I took a meat hammer to the steaks will it make a difference?

Quote Originally Posted by SCmudder7071 View Post
    Ahhh. Do you think if I took a meat hammer to the steaks will it make a difference?
    it may make a difference but it will still be like chewing on shoe leather. i have ran some of the bigger ones through a cuber before and it still aint edible unless its cut up bite sized.

dont let me stop you from making the stir fry, but just remember to have a back up plan incase you break a tooth.

Quote Originally Posted by dixiedeerslaya View Post
    it may make a difference but it will still be like chewing on shoe leather. i have ran some of the bigger ones through a cuber before and it still aint edible unless its cut up bite sized.

dont let me stop you from making the stir fry, but just remember to have a back up plan incase you break a tooth.
    I have great dental insurance

Thanks for the heads up tho. Most of it is bites but there's about 15lbs of steaks and about 5 pounds of strips.

If they flop, then they'll get cut up in bites.

just like most wild game, there is a fine line between done and overdone.

Very fine line with gator.

This is my first gator so I'm sure I'll learn a few more things before it's all said and done so don't hold back on any tips.

First big gator we killed I made some of the biggest pretty steaks you ever saw. Tok the steaks for the main meal one night on a camping/hunting trip. They made my mouth water watchig them cook on the grill.

Ended up eating potted meat and saltines in camp that night. Those things were completely inedible. You can't chew long enough to eat one.
    "My resume is the trail of destruction behind me. " Bucky Katt

dentists are crooks

and

gator meat is not good.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

LOL

Speaking of middle coastal and how tough gator meat is, I have tag going to waste. I ways seem to be having a good deer season if I get drawn for a tag.

And the end of my first gator. I'm happy with it. Excuse the blanket. Countertop is a light grey marble and wasn't showing the skull good.