Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Have F150 Ecoboost

Quote Originally Posted by Fireman View Post
    I hear dodge is getting good milage outta that 8sp tranny they just came out with... I'd be intrested to see how it tows
    There's not much to be interested in. High gears aren't for towing, they are for fuel economy. Not to mention the Ram's coil over suspension in the back as opposed to leaf springs.

Quote Originally Posted by Fireman View Post
    It also cuts down to a 4cyl at "cruising" speed... just something else to fuck up and cost a bunch of money...

Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk 2
    Now you just sound ridiculous. Anything on any manufactures engines might one day break. If you are worried about that, just ride a skate board, its less moving parts and cheaper to fix. Never mind that GM has been making engines with with active fuel management for a good while now. They probably have it down. I haven't heard of active fuel management failure as a glaring problem. Also, 5 year/100000 mile power train warranty would cover that.
    "Never Trust a Skinny Chef."

2013 Ford F150 XLT EcoBoost w/3.55 rear end (5,589 Miles) 17 MPG average around town (Chas.) and 22 MPG hwy(Interstate). I have a 24 foot camper and the Ecoboost will pull the camper thru Western NC mountain with cruise control and not even notice it is behind the truck. 10 MPG average driving 60 MPH pulling camper and 9 MPG pulling camper @ 70 MPH from Chas. to Western NC Mountains.
    “You must teach your children that the ground beneath their feet is the ashes of your grandfathers. So that they will respect the land, tell your children that the earth is rich with the lives of our kin. Teach your children what we have taught our children, that the earth is our mother. Whatever befalls the earth befalls the sons of the earth. If men spit upon the ground, they spit upon themselves.”

~Chief Seattle ~

For the first time I went to that redneck convention in pleasant view this weekend, and I was very impressed with the eco boost. It smoked everything there in the sand drag. It has me looking to trade in the 5.4.

yall should all go out and buy one right now! I read on scducks it is the shit too

I went and looked at em in Florence at the Ford dealership and the truck I liked with the off road package was $56,000. I don't fucking think so, Jack!

Picking my maxed out Lariat Super Crew 4x4 Offroad with Ecoboost on Thursday.

I am pleased with the deal I negotiated.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

So far, I am enjoying the new ride.

No buyer's remorse here. The Ecoboost has plenty of power for everyday driving..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Sharp truck nitro
    *2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion*

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    "The Gamecocks are hammered dog shit"

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

Nice ride. Tows like a champ
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

Blood washed right of the Line X LOL!!!!!!

I like it fine so far. Headed West soon.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Default Anyone Have F150 Ecoboost

I bought a 13' F150 Supercrew 4x4 Off-Road with the 5.0 middle July. I am pushing 15K and am averaging right around 16mpg; drive a good bit off road. I had to go down to Folkston, GA and back today ~500 miles. Got 17.3mpg, mostly 4 lane highway with the cruise set on 72. That is with a leveling kit and 33" tires.

Pulling my 19' bay boat I average right around 11mpg.
    Last edited by dfasano; 10-14-2013 at 08:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dfasano View Post
    I bought a 13' F150 Supercrew 4x4 Off-Road with the 5.0 middle July. I am pushing 15K and am averaging right around 16mpg; drive a good bit off road. I had to go down to Folkston, GA and back today ~500 miles. Got 17.3mpg, mostly 4 lane highway with the cruise set on 72. That is with a leveling kit and 33" tires.

Pulling my 19' Pathfinder I average right around 11mpg.
    Not too shabby, do you know what rear end gearing you have? MTs or ATs?
    Last edited by cusportsman; 10-14-2013 at 08:15 PM.
    *2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion*

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    "The Gamecocks are hammered dog shit"

Quote Originally Posted by cusportsman View Post
    Not too shabby, do you know what rear end gearing you have? MTs or ATs?
    3.55, I believe. AT's

Reviving an old thread but I'd like to hear what some of yall are experiencing now with the higher miles or any problems out of em. I'm looking at a 2011 f150 Eco but it has 50k miles which worries me. It's still a newer motor so I'd like to hear any problems if anyone has any. I'm familiar with turbo cars. Which tells me when something goes wrong it's gonna cost a lot more than if it's counter part (5.0) if something goes wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by squatty View Post
    R. Not
    So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. —Colossians 2:6–7

Default Anyone Have F150 Ecoboost

I've 63k on an 11 ecoboost (bought Jan 12) and only problem I've had is a brake boost pump going bad. Ford switched to a mechanical pump in the 13 models. If you hear this god awful screeching noise emanating from behind left headlight, you need to break out $500 for the repair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by boondoggle; 01-14-2015 at 09:10 PM.
    "The real reason fish jump - they don't have a middle finger!"

Boondoggle, PM sent-you've got me worried.

MR Ducks, I have a 2011 ecoboost with 62k on it, but I have only put on about 17k. So far it's been great. Pretty good mpg, really good power, heaviest load on mine has been 7-8k lbs and it pulls it no problem. Drove it to AR a few weeks ago and encountered a screeching noise from the front left area, but it quit after a few minutes and has been fine since, but I will be getting that checked out now.

44K on mine with no issues at all.

Bout to put better tires on and see how things go ...I'm pleased to this point. Been a great truck. I can get 22 MPG on road trips with cruise on at 75-80..
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

"The real reason fish jump - they don't have a middle finger!"

Anybody heard about any high mileage out of these motors yet, 100k plus? Getting a brand new one vs getting a used midrange mileage (50-60k) is a lot different. Wish I could afford a new one but my pocket won't quit let me yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by squatty View Post
    R. Not
    So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. —Colossians 2:6–7

Quote Originally Posted by Foie Gras View Post
    2014 Silverado gets better fuel economy with a 5.3 V8 than the Eco Boost.
    Since we are bringing up old threads. I've got a 14' with 36,000 ++ miles. 17 mpg highway if I drive her easy. Pulled a 14 foot tandem enclosed trailer today 125 miles round trip. 11.2. That sucks. I don't know what the Eco gets but it has got to be better than that. A while back I pulled a 17 jon boat from CHS to Greenville and back and got 12.

Leveled with a size bigger tires.
    Go Tigers!!!