Thread: Goose Opener.

Me and a couple friends made it to the lake for the opener, didn't fair too well but at least we pulled the trigger. Not another shot heard all morning, we would have faired a lil better if we'd set ourselves up a lil differently.

Good to talk, see you out there!

Sweet!

I managed to make it out for the opener straight from the Santee Pub. Needless to say it wasn't a successful morning. Not b/c I was passed out in my chair but b/c we didn't see a damn Goose. We did however see some Woodies and some Molts.
    You've got one life. Blaze on!

I managed 2 hours of sleep in the bottom of the high tide from about 330-530 after leaving the Wild Hare here in Irmo!

Hey man looks like ya'll had fun though we managed a few over sat. sun, we were the only shots heard all morning...

Please change the limit to three ducks. Thank you, jeff

Nice pics yall. I didnt get to go opening day, since plans changed at work. Made it out sat morning on hartwell and managed a pair. Hope to hit murray soon as well as some of our ponds.
    On my way to CU, passed a guy who (i guess) had to rent a refridgerated truck to haul he and 2 of his buddies' 21 geese. He asked if i wanted his birds. I "reluctantly" declined. BSD birds moving differently since latest water level rise?
    Hartwell birds were all feeding in fields shortly after daybreak. I hope birds round here arent doing same.

Man i'm not gonna even lie to ya, save the gas money of driving down to murray, we were the only people that shot opening morning! There really arin't many birds on the lake this year, they have started moving off the lake and into fields. You can ride down Broad River Rd. any morning of the week and see a few hundred sitting in the field at D.J.J. but I havin't heard any good reports from murray yet. I've been striper fishing almost every afternoon til dark and havin't heard a goose in a week and a half.

Went to Hartwell opening day, didnt get to hunt the am but five guns killed 9 birds Friday pm. Didnt go Sat. am but 4 guns killed six birds Sat. pm. Not a bad hunt had a good time at it too.

Now for the griping: if I see those three rubbaheads that were skyblasting geese at 60+ yards, next time fellas i will have to come and ask if they want me to show them the proper way to take game such as geese and ducks. God I hate rubbaheads almost as much as I hate a ******.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

BSD, you are exactly right. I wont waste anymore time going to Murray until Duck season opens. And I wont be at the Pub til 5am the night before.
    You've got one life. Blaze on!

Originally posted by squatty420:
    BSD, you are exactly right. I wont waste anymore time going to Murray until Duck season opens. And I wont be at the Pub til 5am the night before.
    I heard that!!!!!!!!

Woodies,

The guys who killed 21 geese are buds of mine. The fellow you saw runs eggs in that truck (company/delivery mobile). The "Goose Hearse"...

Those boys flat put it to 'em. Had one group of 50 come in at the end of their hunt. They hunted a cut/plowed field in Anderson Co.

Went out on Murray this morning mainly for geese, but I was ready for the teal also. No teal, seen a lot of geese, but couldn't pull the trigger. Seen a good many mallards,too. What about any body else?
    S.C. - Standing alone against Northern aggression since 1861 (LAT)