Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Teal killin'

Beautiful!
    You've got one life. Blaze on!

Thats some beautiful pictures! Good killing
    "I'm just a victim of a circumstance"

Very nice.....Gonna kill a Cinnamon one day.

Quote Originally Posted by XHailGC View Post
    Very nice!

This would look nice in a DU calendar.
    Thanks X. I appreciate that.

Thanks for the kind words everyone else. Tomorrow might be a circus. Heading to hunt a spot that I've hunted a lot, but my normal route is washed out. My buddy that I hunted with this morning tried telling me how to get there, but I've never been that way and am going in blind. If it's half as good as today though, it'll be alright.
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

Awesome pictures!
    I'm like a duck: calm above the water, and paddling like hell underneath....

Quote Originally Posted by XHailGC View Post
    Very nice!

This would look nice in a DU calendar.

This

Bad to the bone!!!
    867-5309

Awesomness

That's awesome!

All I can say is wow. Three teal species in one September hunt or were all the bluewinged birds cinnamon teal? The photography is amazing, book worthy, actually.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Awesome. Kind of makes me miss the desert! Kind of....
    Bay Creek Kennels- Hartsville, SC
    Owner/Trainer- Rhett Riddle
    Retriever & Obedience Training
    Cell-803-608-2252

Home of:
    HRCH Ace's Costa Del Mar MH. "Costa" 500 Point Club
    GRHRCH Costa's Signature Blend MH "Crown" 500 Point Club
    3x GRHRCH Crown of Ace's in Costa's Shadow MH QAA “Craig”

Great photos. What an awesome view to hunt around.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubberhead* View Post
    All I can say is wow. Three teal species in one September hunt or were all the bluewinged birds cinnamon teal? The photography is amazing, book worthy, actually.
    Best compliment I've gotten. Thanks RH*. Means a lot. I killed 1 GWT, 1, Cinnamon, and the rest were BWT in my bag. Killed a limit of GWT and BWT this morning. I'll post some pictures shortly.
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

I slung a TOW missile into the Franklins one time. We were always told if the wire broke it would nose-dive into the ground.

Wrong.

That bitch hung a left and pitched up at 45 degrees. No clue where it finally landed.
    Last edited by Mobetter; 09-22-2013 at 12:37 PM.
    Rule #2: Double tap

The truth is a lie that will get you killed.

Duncraft Pro-Staff

Quote Originally Posted by quackaddict View Post
    Best compliment I've gotten. Thanks RH*. Means a lot. I killed 1 GWT, 1, Cinnamon, and the rest were BWT in my bag. Killed a limit of GWT and BWT this morning. I'll post some pictures shortly.
    I know I always do this, but is there any way to tell if the rest were blue wings? I know nothing about NM, and what migrates through there. I know in Cali and Arizona the gw's said this was the only time of the year they had any bluewings, but they thought 90% of what they had in September were Cinnamons. But I don't trust their ID's very much. They called anything they shot gwt, bwt, cinnamon, "teal" didn't really distinguish between them. If one gun went out and shot 7 drake cinnamons they'd say "shot a couple teal"
    Last edited by HuntinCosta; 09-22-2013 at 12:59 PM.
    Bay Creek Kennels- Hartsville, SC
    Owner/Trainer- Rhett Riddle
    Retriever & Obedience Training
    Cell-803-608-2252

Home of:
    HRCH Ace's Costa Del Mar MH. "Costa" 500 Point Club
    GRHRCH Costa's Signature Blend MH "Crown" 500 Point Club
    3x GRHRCH Crown of Ace's in Costa's Shadow MH QAA “Craig”

The only way I know, and me and RH* talked about this a few days ago, is their iris. Now the cinnamon that I killed yesterday had some plumage starting to show up too, but other than their iris, I don't know how to tell right now. Of course, I've talked to several birders that could tell the difference in a spotting scope from several hundred yards, but I'm pretty sure that they're full of shit. I looked at that bird real hard before I cleaned them yesterday, and the bill is a HAIR bigger/ more shoveled, but nothing that you could tell if you just had a random sept. teal in your hands. USGS doesn't even differentiate(sp?) in the wings at all.

Mo, that's funny as hell. Those were kilt at Davies tank. I think that was the name of it anyways. About 2 miles east of main WSMR off of Nike Rd.