Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jonesboro Arkansas

Why do people bitch about not having a "guide" in a flooded rice field? What does he need to guide you through?
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

Quote Originally Posted by willk View Post
    Why do people bitch about not having a "guide" in a flooded rice field? What does he need to guide you through?
    A guide will usually guide you to a ricefield that hasn't been hunted 60 days straight. These folks who do pit leases by the day will burn a pit out in about 5 seconds flat...and then keep on leasing it day after day after day. You can freelance the woods, but only if there is water. And only if you know half of what the hell is going on. A guide ain't a bad option if your driving 12 hours to kill ducks somewhere new.

Aww. You misunderstood me. What I ment was, why should you need a guide in a pit with you? But what I gather from your comment is that if you're going to pay for a blind that has never/rarely been shot, it should come with a person to sit with you?
    Last edited by willk; 09-25-2013 at 10:09 AM.
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Tom View Post
    Tee,

Are you going to throw rocks at the ducks???
    No, I'm picking up my gun Friday.
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Bested by Tee. Just damn...

Quote Originally Posted by Tee View Post
    No, I'm picking up my gun Friday.
    You still gonna buy steelin's SBe2?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    now Hogan can fuck off on here all day and call it work, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by willk View Post
    Aww. You misunderstood me. What I ment was, why should you need a guide in a pit with you? But what I gather from your comment is that if you're going to pay for a blind that has never/rarely been shot, it should come with a person to sit with you?
    No dipshit...my comment was to say that about your only chance of finding a decent ricefield to hunt is going with a guide. That or you better know somebody with a nice piece of land that they don't mind spending $2k to flood. These guys that lease pits by the day are interested in one thing. Volume. Lease that pit out everyday, birds or no birds. But you seem to have it all figured out. Why don't you lend us your wisdom on how to do it better...

[QUOTE=marsh chicken;1512765] That or you better know somebody with a nice piece of land that they don't mind spending $2k to flood. QUOTE]

This. I don't care for hunting rice fields. Needing/using a guide in Arkansas seems silly (Ralph word) to me.

Been there four times. Hit or miss. My last two trips were a miss and I could have killed more in Spartanburg, SC.

You boyz sure are getting your panties in a was over nothing. Every time I go to AR I have go with low expectations but plan on having a grand time anyhow. Whether the hunts are stellar or suck out the bazinga I always have a great time.
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

Quote Originally Posted by LabLuvR View Post
    You can have a shitty hunt with or without a guide. A shitty hunt is a lot more tolerable when you didn't pay to have it. The reality is that for the most part, it will all depend on your timing and if the ducks are there. I hate to say it but it is very risky to plan a hunt more than a week or so out. The weather could change and one could easily get fucked by that one simple factor.
    Good adivce right here.

Suprising considering the source.
    Last edited by Murray; 09-25-2013 at 12:58 PM.

I've been out there an ass of times. The weather has always played a role on whether we had fabulous hunts or got our asses kicked more than any other factor. Now, it is the only thing I look at before I go.
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.