Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: iOS7 Update Today

This thread. It makes me chuckle. Thanks.

Sent from my S4 via Tapatalk 4.

anyone tried out the new apple radio? are there additional data charges to listen to said radio? i tried listening to it in the car earlier today and a message popped up saying that additional charges may apply to listen over cellular network. i pressed cancel and then switched to pandora and received no such message.

edit: streaming service just like pandora. for those who like listening to internet radio, apple radio's a nice new addition. i think i still like pandora better. the ads kind of suck but overall it's a nice way to discover new music.
    Last edited by ziggy; 09-19-2013 at 02:45 PM.
    "JUST BECAUSE I AM NOT A GOOD SPELLER DOESN'T MEAN MY JEAN POLL IS GONNA BE BAD."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    There's evidence coming out...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cottontop74 View Post
    I dabble in a lot of things, but don't get too technical with any of them.

I don't like it! If I wanted a droid I'd buy a damn droid!

Downloaded and looking at it now. Wonder if the Apple radio will synch with the unit in the truck, it has a media app that synchs with the music loaded on the phone.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

I listened to the iTunes Radio for a few hours today. I like it, it is similar to Pandora but with fewer commercials. Also if you hear a song you like and want to purchase it, you can just hit the button at top of the app.

I had droid before I ever got an iPhone. Had iPhone for few months now and doubt I'll go back.
    *2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion*

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    "The Gamecocks are hammered dog shit"

Fuck IOS 7.

It's like the government.
    Last edited by wdhigh; 09-19-2013 at 04:43 PM.

Four privacy settings you should enable in iOS 7 immediately

Summary: If you downloaded and installed iOS 7, there are a few privacy settings that are turned off by default that you should enable right away.

By Jason D. O'Grady for The Apple Core | September 19, 2013 -- 14:37 GMT (07:37 PDT)

More iPhone and iOS 7

Data backed up? Check.
    iOS 7 installed? Check.
    Data restored? Check.
    Life is good and time to fire up your favorite iTunes Radio station, right?
    Not so fast.
    Before diving into the beautiful, parallaxy, candy-colored world that is iOS 7, you need to adjust your privacy settings on your iPhone or iPad. If you like your Privacy, that is. Installing iOS 7 is pretty easy and, even if you don't back up your data ahead of time, it will usually put everything back right where it belongs.
    Simple, right?
    Well yes, that's how iOS 7 is designed to work. But don't let Apple's thin Helvetica Neue and and serene, dynamic wallpapers lull you into complacency. A whole number iOS upgrade is a big deal and it resets a bunch of your settings and adds other new ones that you should be aware of
    Apple hides its System Services settings all the way down at the bottom of the Privacy > Location Services panel. If you've owned your iPhone for more than a few months you'll have dozens (if not a hundred plus) app lists on this screen, making it a very long scroll. If you actually make it to the bottom of the list (most people don't) you'll see the fabled System Services setting and the explanation of what that little purple arrow icons means.
    Learn this screen and commit the meanings of the three little arrow icons to memory. Then notice when they appear in the top right of your iOS menu bar and come back to Settings > Privacy > Location Services to see which apps are using your location data. Audit this screen frequently to disable location access for apps that don't need it.
    Then touch System Services to reveal the most important privacy settings on your iPhone or iPad.

• Settings > Privacy > Location Services > System Services

I recommend turning OFF the following:

• Settings > Privacy > Location Services > System Services > Diagnostics & Usage

What's Hot on ZDNet

The Diagnostics & Usage setting monitors everything you do on your iPhone and "anonymously" sends it to Apple for "improving iOS." Whatever. It's just like when all the major software companies changed their install screens from "send usage data" to "customer experience program" or some such If that option is on you're basically giving Apple your permission to monitor and record everything you do on your device.

• Settings > Privacy > Location Services > System Services > Frequent Locations

Frequent Locations is equally bad, if not more so. There was a big stir about this when iOS 7 beta 5 was released and the data it captures about your "frequent locations" can be downright creepy. In fact, for many it brought back memories of the Locationgate fiasco from iOS 4 in April 2011 when a "database of Wi-Fi hotspots and cell towers around your current location" (a.k.a. Consolidated.db) was discovered on iOS 4 devices -- and the computers they're backed up to.

• Settings > Privacy > Location Services > System Services > Location-Based iAds

iAds created it's own privacy uproar in June 2010 when a 45-page update to Apple’s privacy policy which detailed how your location information could be used to allow the company – and their "partners and licensees" – to "collect, use, and share precise location data, including the real-time geographic location of your Apple computer or device." The privacy policy has been toned down quite a bit since then and Apple posted a knowledge base article titled "How to opt out of interest-based ads from the iAd network." I turn this off and am happy with "less relevant" ads being shown.
    Lastly, you should turn ON:

• Settings > Safari > Do Not Track

Apple's one of the few companies that still supports the aging Do Not Track standard in its mobile Web browser. Even if it is considered dead and my colleague here at ZDNet Ed Bott called it "worse that a miserable failure," I turn it on anyway, for the few web servers that actually respect it.

http://www.zdnet.com/four-privacy-se...ly-7000020902/
    "The real reason fish jump - they don't have a middle finger!"

Default iOS7 Update Today

Two people at work were receiving their wives text messages on their phones after the upgrade without being in the group conversation. Stay alert boys...

Quote Originally Posted by JHampton View Post
    Two people at work were receiving their wives text messages on their phones after the upgrade without being in the group conversation. Stay alert boys...
    Settings, message, send/receive, uncheck your wife's number

Has to do if y'all are on the same icloud
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    now Hogan can fuck off on here all day and call it work, thanks!

Go figure 7 still sucks ass.

While on phone had 2 different text come through. Hung up and went to text message box to find they are not there.

Am I really going to have to buy a used phone just to get 6.blah blah back?
    Will it try to load this shitty os when I switch my stuff?

I ain't had a problem one. I like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Bested by Tee. Just damn...

I have not updated to ios 7 yet. I played with the wifes but I'm still on the fence. I don't like change.
    “We as a group now have a greater moral responsibility to act than those who live
    in ignorance. Once you become knowledgeable, you have an obligation to do
    something about it.”—Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Tee View Post
    I ain't had a problem one. I like it.
    Yup. I have the plain old 4 and it's nice so far. Haven't had a problem yet.

I haven't updated yet. I don't have enough memory for the upgrade. Guess I need to delete some photos.
    Private Land Rubberhead # 1