View Poll Results: Which do you agree with?

Voters
122. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am a bow hunter and approve the use of pods.

18 14.75%
  • I am a bow hunter and do not approve of pods.

73 59.84%
  • I hunt deer with guns and approve of pods.

9 7.38%
  • I hunt deer with guns and do not approve of pods.

22 18.03%
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Pod poll

I believe the laws stated above are dangerousy ambiguous and confusing. I expect clarification.

Do not underestimate the reach of government enforcement. It costs to defend yourself regardless of outcome.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    I believe the laws stated above are dangerousy ambiguous and confusing. I expect clarification.

Do not underestimate the reach of government enforcement. It costs to defend yourself regardless of outcome.
    It can be confusing especially to the practitioner. However a prescription written for a drug beyond its intended use is against the law. Period.

I can't even give you ear meds for your dog or a prescription for prednisone without first diagnosing a condition/disease for which those drugs are intended. Doing so puts my license at risk from the SCBVME.

So if the doctor or pharmacist whom wrote the script put "FOR POD USE ONLY" on the label, would that work.
    Low country redneck who moved north

No sir. The drug has to be approved and labeled for that purpose. I can shoot you the package insert for Sux but nowhere in the Use/Indications does it say "for hunting".

As you probably know, the drug has been used by scientist/ guberment people for drugging elk to deer for studies. Guess they were breaking the drug laws. The drug laws are more fucked up than sucking a monkeys dick in a pool hall.
    Low country redneck who moved north

Glenn's right. There are folks whose very job is to wade through paperwork to find this kind of irregularity. Anything that raises their eyebrow makes them search even more intensely to see if there's a pattern. Wasn't always like this. It was nothing thirty years ago for even a dentist to prescribe speed and a plethora of things wholly unrelated to teeth. That day is dead. LOL.
    Tell me sump'n. Why you askin' so many jackassy questions?

Quote Originally Posted by mudflat View Post
    As you probably know, the drug has been used by scientist/ guberment people for drugging elk to deer for studies. Guess they were breaking the drug laws. The drug laws are more fucked up than sucking a monkeys dick in a pool hall.
    "Given on or by the direction of a licensed veterinarian"

I can use it all day long or be standing close by to direct its use. You, however cannot unless I, or someone with a license to do so, is standing there telling you.

Using it to sedate and cause temporary paralysis is one of the intended uses of the drug.

To cause death to wildlife is not.

You see how this works now?

And yes the drug laws are messed up. You want to know why? Because of stuff like this.

You know why those little packets in your beef jerky say "do not eat"? It's because some dumb ass ate one and tried to sue somebody over it.

Wanna know why the drug laws are messed up? Because dumb asses abuse drugs and use them for purposes other than which they were intended.

WE caused this. Not THEM.

Do you mean the way we abuse drugs is the reason its so hard to abuse drugs any more? Fuuuuuuuck.
    Tell me sump'n. Why you askin' so many jackassy questions?

Quote Originally Posted by badfaulkner View Post
    Do you mean the way we abuse drugs is the reason its so hard to abuse drugs any more? Fuuuuuuuck.
    Sorta. The way we abuse drugs, get hurt/dead and then say "Well THEY gave it to me/them" and expect someone else to accept responsibility is the reason it is so hard to abuse drugs any more.

The assertion that these jackasses are ethical hunters is laughable. They knowingly broke the laws of the state they were hunting. They are no better than common thieves.
    They stole from the people of Colorado.
    When all of you shooters using pods are boasting of your hunting prowess, do you include the poison arrow part? Bet not...
    Last edited by FLS; 10-04-2013 at 05:40 PM.