Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: SC Poachers busted in CO

Well, lets look on the brightside...glass half full stuff...

There's 11 states they can still work on getting banned in.
    Quote Originally Posted by trentsmith View Post
    Honestly I don't remember why I don't like you but I do remember that I don't like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bownut View Post
    Heard yesterday that the ring leader (Plummer) was handed down a sentence of a Life Time Hunting Ban in 39 states (of which includes SC, and of course he is appealling it) and the other 3 got a 20 year hunting ban in the 39 states. They supposedly asked the judge for mercy, he said he had none.
    Where did you hear this? Got a link? I thought these cases had been settled months ago.

Each defendant must also attend a hearing before a CPW Hearings Officer where they may receive an additional lifetime suspension of hunting privileges in Colorado and 38 other Wildlife Violator Compact states, including their home state of South Carolina

That was an excerpt from the article on Colorado DNR website. I guess the hammer finally dropped.
    Last edited by kquinn; 02-27-2014 at 05:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Where did you hear this? Got a link? I thought these cases had been settled months ago.
    Straight from one of them. The hammer fell about 2 weeks ago apparently.

Ouch.

CO is being taken over by Californians. This reaction isn't too shocking, when you think of it that way.

Just narrows their new home down to 11 states!!!
    "Don't hate the player hate the game"

This reaction isn't too shocking, when you think of it that way.
    Or if you think of that fact that hunting/fishing bring in significant amounts of money to Colorado...like lots.
    Last edited by quackaddict; 02-27-2014 at 10:22 PM.
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

That's absurd. Simply absurd.

That's too harsh for the first time hunter out there.. Hope he gets his SC privileges.

Bet the ring leader wishes he had never bullied that young kid at the waterhole now. Sure came back to bite them in the ass.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

As a member of the IWVC, South Carolina will share non-resident violation information with other member states. This means that illegal activities in one member state can affect the privileges of the individual in all member states. South Carolina will now recognize the suspension of hunting, fishing, and trapping privileges from other member states. A person who is under hunting, fishing, or trapping suspension in South Carolina will be prohibited from obtaining licenses in other member states, and South Carolina will deny licenses to non-resident individuals from member states who have had hunting, fishing, or trapping privileges suspended by that state. South Carolina will recognize the suspension of hunting, fishing, and trapping privileges of member states as if the suspension had occurred in South Carolina.
    Members of Wildlife Violator Compact

Member States

In Process (1) NO (7) Passed Legislation (3) Yes (39)
    GREAT PEOPLE TALK ABOUT IDEAS.
    AVERAGE PEOPLE TALK ABOUT THINGS.
    SORRY PEOPLE TALK ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE.

SRS GRHRCH UH BOBO MNH
    2009 MID ATLANTIC RETRIEVER CHAMPION
    2009 HUNTSVILLE SRS CHAMPION

HRCH UH WOODY

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    That's too harsh for the first time hunter out there.. Hope he gets his SC privileges.

Bet the ring leader wishes he had never bullied that young kid at the waterhole now. Sure came back to bite them in the ass.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

What did he do?

Q: does a poacher care about a hunting ban?

A: fuck no
    They say the only time a fishermen tells the truth is when he tells you another fisherman is a liar.

Thinking about this and not knowing the details makes me wonder

If this was there only issue, using PODS, for a year, this would be a harsh sentence.

Re-reading the initial post, they admitted to doing this for 20 years. Plead guilty and admitted to breaking the law for 20 years....think about that.

Does the sentence seem so harsh now?

Also, as stated earlier, I guaranfuckingtee, there is more to this story.

Look at the night hunting claims. Every single person in North America walks out of a hunting area after legal hunting hours. I have never heard of anyone catching grief over this. Ever. Why would these guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by trentsmith View Post
    Honestly I don't remember why I don't like you but I do remember that I don't like you.

Quote Originally Posted by sprigdog View Post
    Look at the night hunting claims. Every single person in North America walks out of a hunting area after legal hunting hours. I have never heard of anyone catching grief over this. Ever. Why would these guys.

The word "STING" comes to mind....

just remember, loose lips, sink ships..