Thread: bear island east 1-13-05

two guns,
    4- bluewing drakes
    2 greenwing drakes
    1 smiling mallard, drake
    3 wigeon, 2 drakes, one hen
    one black drake
    one mottled hen

got lucky and drew the right blind i guess...
    "It is here we return to childhood pleasures, like playing in mud and water, hiding in secret forts of our own design, and were we can shoot guns and play with puppies to our heart's content."

Damn!!!!!

Nice Hunt!
    You've got one life. Blaze on!

Great hunt!
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."
    - late President Ronald Reagan

best sc duck hunt i have ever had.... maybe ever will!
    "It is here we return to childhood pleasures, like playing in mud and water, hiding in secret forts of our own design, and were we can shoot guns and play with puppies to our heart's content."

Man 'O man I hope those kinda numbers hold out till the 27th when I'm there. Hey Strauss what blind did you draw and did you stay in it for the whole Hunt? Did you carry any extra dekes? Can you tell this will be my first hunt at Bear Island?
    Sorry for all the questions, me and my buddy been trying for six years to get down there.
    "Hey bo is them ducks or sea gulls"

take four or five big decoys or eight or so teal decoys and leave your calls at home.
    wherever we go we bring monkey with us

i brought bout a dozen teal and about 8 big ducks. i set up a jerk string. i stayed away from the blind, set up about 50 yards from it in some grass. i drew blind 19, get that one if you get the chance, its a sweet little hole. good luck!