Thread: Goose Call

Default Goose Call

Keep in mind, I'm a newbie at waterfowl calling, but I just bought my first goose call. Yeah, it's a little harder than I thought. I finally started getting the hang of a duck call and here I go trying this mess. Wish me luck.

^^^ I got this call from killzone and its probably the easiest goose call I've clucked on. Good tones and solid clucks.

Quote Originally Posted by WaterfowlWidowMaker View Post
    Keep in mind, I'm a newbie at waterfowl calling, but I just bought my first goose call. Yeah, it's a little harder than I thought. I finally started getting the hang of a duck call and here I go trying this mess. Wish me luck.

What kind of call did you buy ? Biggest mistake made is buying "easy" to blow. Buy a good call then go to youtube and look up field proven calls . Field Hudnall has a good video series on there to help you learn how to use it.
    80-20 Genaration

quackhead goozilla I think is the name. I just wanted to buy something to practice on. I haven't really made it past doing the "Grrit" sound yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckman#1 View Post
    What kind of call did you buy ? Biggest mistake made is buying "easy" to blow. Buy a good call then go to youtube and look up field proven calls . Field Hudnall has a good video series on there to help you learn how to use it.
    I both agree and disagree. If you are looking for some good sounds without having perfect hand position and such AND you plan to never call geese in any other state, go cheap. But, if you have any plans at all to go "real" goose hunting up north or out west and you want to call, I'd get a high end call and learn how to blow it. Just depends on what you are going to do

Nah, I just want something that sounds remotely like a goose. You know, when we're hunting and somebody hears some geese off in the distance and somebody yells, "hey, does anybody have a goose call?" I can be like..."Heck yeah, this guy." haha