Thread: Public Duck Hunting Louisiana

Default Public Duck Hunting Louisiana

Does anyone have any tips or advise for going hunting on public land in Louisiana? Never been outta SC to shoot ducks, wanted to try it out this year.

Check with the guy looking for tips on Arkansas, that should guide you in the right direction.
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

Carry a few spare tires
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

So it is as bad there as Arkansas, thats great to know

My only advice is if you are heading to a certain lake that gets mentioned a lot on here, bring lots of big boys with big balls and beater trucks with you if the ducks are there. As much as I hate to give in and let them have it the sky busting, non calling, swing bird shooting locals can have that trashy place.

Quote Originally Posted by swampshooter View Post
    So it is as bad there as Arkansas, thats great to know
    Much worse depending on where you go.

I am going to pick up my new boat from Loreauville and was hoping to get a teal hunt in around that area. It aint worth a new set of tires though. My wife will be with me and she loves hunting, trying to get her on her first duck hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by swampshooter View Post
    I am going to pick up my new boat from Loreauville and was hoping to get a teal hunt in around that area. It aint worth a new set of tires though. My wife will be with me and she loves hunting, trying to get her on her first duck hunt.
    You're driving all the way to Loreauville to pick up a rig? Hit the manufacturer up for a local hunt, you'll have earned it and they'll probably be killing 10 minute limits most every day.

Prepare for skeeters and gnats like you've never seen and if you are tempted to freelance and sporting a SC license tag.............may God be with you.
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

Talk to some boys on MMT. If your driving all the way to gatortail to pickup a new boat someone will be happy to host you at there camp.

Eagle Lake or Katy TX. Ducks and a shit load of Geese.
    Quote Originally Posted by mhogancu View Post
    Says the guy that didn't get accepted....

PM mudflat he goes at least once a year and they pretty good luck.

Thanks for all the advise guys, sorry it took so long to get back with ya'll. I think we are gonna hold off on the hunt out there for the time being and make a hunting trip there next year instead. I think we will wait until we can afford a guide hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by mud ugh View Post
    My only advice is if you are heading to a certain lake that gets mentioned a lot on here, bring lots of big boys with big balls and beater trucks with you if the ducks are there. As much as I hate to give in and let them have it the sky busting, non calling, swing bird shooting locals can have that trashy place.
    Better trucks? Damn

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfowler View Post
    Better trucks? Damn
    Beater trucks
    I'm like a duck: calm above the water, and paddling like hell underneath....

Never hunted in Ark. or La. Is it just people from SC or all OOS hunters they don't like? Just curious as to why?

Quote Originally Posted by muddman View Post
    Beater trucks
    Don't go to Louisiana if you ain't ready for a good ole beater truck showdown. Ya heard!

Quote Originally Posted by perdiem View Post
    Never hunted in Ark. or La. Is it just people from SC or all OOS hunters they don't like? Just curious as to why?
    Most locals don't like any 'OOS' hunters but they have a special place in their heart for the SC guys. Get onto DHC and go into the Arkansas forum and they will tell you all you need to know but have some and be ready.
    Last edited by DuckorBust; 08-20-2013 at 02:28 PM. Reason: spelling
    All Men are self made, but, only the successful ones admit it!

2thDoc "because nothing matters till the games are played and clemson people have enjoyed success and know how to deal with it.

any other stupid questions?"......Classic!

CP#96743

Quote Originally Posted by DuckorBust View Post
    Most locals don't like any 'OOS' hunters but they have a special palce in their heart for the SC guys.
    What does that tell you?
    Professor
    Carolina American Water Spaniels

UH HR GCH CH Carolina's Wild March Hare MH JHR RAE OA OAJ AF WDS CGC TDI (Bunny)
    UH HRCH Carolina's Duck Gumbo MHA SHR RN WDS CGC TDI (Gumbo) HRC 1500 Point Club (RIP)
    BISS HR GCH Carolina's Running With the Hare JHR SH WDX CGC TDI (Blew)
    HRCH GCH CH Carolina's Tale of the Hare SH MHR WDX (Bea)
    Carolina's Three Duck Limit (Rio)

Right on, will check it out and stir the pot. I didn't know they thought so much of us.

You will find this interesting. It gets down to about 5 people going back and forth but some of the arkansas residents realize they have just as much of a problem with other locals as they do OOSERs, as the affectionately call us.

http://www.arkansashunting.net/showthread.php?t=160871&